added second ssd to aspire vx15 how to configure?

Options
jaw1947
jaw1947 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

got the kit to add second ssd internally.  Installed.  I can see the western digital drive on system but not see from mypc a drive letter.  Do not see it in disc manager.  Do I need to configure in BIOS?  Any links to how to add.

Regards,

John

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    Options

We suggest you check in the by going in the BIOs.

Please let us know if you see. If not it could be a hardware issue.

Hard drive installation instructions for Aspire VX5-591G laptops

Acer offers a hard drive mounting kit that is designed to secure a 2.5" Drive (HDD or SSD) within the additional Hard Drive bay of Aspire VX5-591G laptops. This kit allows for installation of a 2.5" drive that is 7 or 9.5 millimeters thick. Please contact our Customer Service for additional support to inquire about ordering a hard drive kit for your product.

Note: Acer recommends use of an anti-static wrist strap when adding hardware to your system.

https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/46306

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • rohankelshikar
    rohankelshikar Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    i need help, my sister gifted me this laptop, and i wanted to add a second hard drive, but i m unable to find the hdd extension kit, since i m india, and the kit is only available for customers belonging to US and Canada, can you guys please help me with the cable that can enable me to extend my storage?. Please?