acer aspire v5 won't turn on

ninjadude
ninjadude Member Posts: 12 New User

I own an Acer Aspire v5-572P-6858 laptop. I was using it last night and it worked perfectly fine. I turned it off and set it aside for the next day. Today I woke up and tried to turn on my laptop but nothing happened. Pressing the power button gets no result. The battery is charged as well. What do I do?

Answers

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

In this case, it is recommended to remove the battery from the laptop and connect the laptop directly to the power adapter. If this solves the issue, there may be some problem with your battery.

One more way you can check if there is a problem with your battery is, you can try using another battery (if possible). If it works fine using another battery, there may be some issues with the battery you were previously using.

If none of the above steps work, you may need to contact your nearest Acer service center for further assistance. To do this, the following link can be useful:

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

• kdoyle
    kdoyle Member Posts: 1 New User

I have seen others posting about power button failures. What is the recommended solution to save time and aggravation when the issue is a known hardware issue?