acer aspire v5-552 cannot use factory reset due to deleted partition

Options
theodore1978
theodore1978 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi Everyone. I bought my laptop in Iceland, when I was working there, and the IT guy in the work updated the original windows 8 to 10. He deleted the partition for the recovery as well. I am now in Greece and I am not satisfied with windows 10 and want to go back to original settings. How can I do that?

Thanks.

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

2 ways:

1) download a vanilla windows 8.1 iso or create a bootable USB flash drive from Microsoft servers:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows8

and then download software/drivers from Acer support website

2) contact Acer support service to have an original recovery...it will not be easy since your laptop was bought in Iceland and you now are in Greece.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Answer ✓
    Options

2 ways:

1) download a vanilla windows 8.1 iso or create a bootable USB flash drive from Microsoft servers:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows8

and then download software/drivers from Acer support website

2) contact Acer support service to have an original recovery...it will not be easy since your laptop was bought in Iceland and you now are in Greece.

• theodore1978

Tinkerer

Options

Thanks for the quick reply. WIll I need a windows activation password? I cant find it on the back of my laptop.

• IronFly
    Options

if you are referring to windows product key, it's embedded on BIOS, normally it will be read automatically during installation or just skip the product key request step and windows will be activated once you connect to the web.

• theodore1978

Tinkerer

Options

Brilliant! My laptop had windows 8 on it, is this the same product key as 8.1?

• IronFly
    Options
    As far as i remember, yes.

In the worst case, you can try to contact Microsoft and ask about the product key but after the installation.