acer aspire v3 -572pg-7671 ability to run the sims 3

Options
Renpetwill
Renpetwill Member Posts: 3 New User

i bought this notebook with the intention to use it as a gaming laptop. i read and saw the spec necessary to run the game, and saw that this laptop was way over the requirements. however, it has not been performing well at all. i updated my driver from acer and updated my graphics card driver but still nothing. even when i play on medium settings the game crashes. I'm at a loss as to what to do next and regret buying this laptop.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,599 Trailblazer
    Options

Win7 or Win8.1?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Renpetwill
    Options

It's a windows 8.1

And sorry I just got back to you. I haven't been using this notebook as I got tired of the thing.

• JackE
    Options
  • Renpetwill
    Options

Thanks a bunch for the suggestion. I did it and it worked well though I didn't play for long. Thing is it especially would crash when I'm in build mode. However, it crashed again, giving me the watch_dog error after I installed Pets expansion. This expansion I bought from amazon and it was giving trouble to install so I don't know if that was the cause. I have like 4-5 more expansions to install from EA and its crashing like this already. Could someone tell me why!

• JackE
    Options

Don't know why. But have you tried uninstalling the old expansion before installing the new ones?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ