acer aspire v3 471g fan automatic shut off

patriadorada
patriadorada Member Posts: 7 New User
Hi everyone, my laptop is 2 years old. I have been playing with it for the last two years for wxtended amount of time and i have no problem with it whatsoever until like last week. It just suddenly shut off randomly. I noticed that the fan is not working anymore, and because my warranty is already expired, idecided to remedy it on my own with the help of some youtube videos. As i have suspected the fan was really dirty, but i was able to clean it. After i assembled it again, i was able to use it (play heavy games) for a day with only about one shut off. I thought i have somewhat resolved the problem but after this it came back to its problem again. I opened up the laptop again and even lubricated the fan bearings but to ni avail did it solve the problem. I also noticed that the fan is barely working. I then decided to turn it on without the cover to observe the fan. I turned on the laptop, anc then the fan spinned for several seconds and then it died, it spinned again, then it died. Now i am getting worried because im thinking that this not a fan-only problem. I also noticed that the thermal paste was "hard", i presume that the consistency of it shouls be close to a gel than hardened glue right? What do you think guys? Thank you in advance

Answers

• Hello,

Have you tried to "Load optimazed defaults" or "Load default settings" in the bios setup utility?

France
  • patriadorada
    Can you please tell me how to do it? My laptop is booting fine. I can access all of my files and games no problem. The only thing is that it automatically turns off after about 5mins(it also gives out a loud tick sound when it does this). It sounds like a overheating problem since my fan doesnt work and i havent got any replacement for the fan to compare. But what worries me is that the fan is actually spinning when i turn on the laptop, but it dies after a few seconds and spins again. Maybe i just really need to wait for my fan replacement?
  • keith111
    keith111 Member Posts: 79 Troubleshooter

That unit has a thermo module that is replaceable. There are five screws that must come of in sequence, and some messy thermo-paste that got to go on so-so. Don't get it all over. Instructions likely online. Hopefully with the replacement module. Your call. Maybe that fan has been stressed out as well.

• patriadorada

That thermo module is the bronze something that is fixed with thw fan right? Is it what they also call heat sink? I was able to remove it twice without knowing that they have to be removed in isequence. I noticed that the thermal paste has hardened, do you think i need to replace that too? Only problem is the supply of these thinga. Living in a thirdworld is such a pain

• patriadorada
    Hi laurent_14
    Was able to do the load default setting, still the fan is dead/half dead
  • Hello patriadorada,

1- When you see the Acer screen, press [F2] to enter in the bios setup utility

2- Press [F9] Setup Defaults

3- Press [F10] Save and Exit

If you have the same issue, it will be necessary to change the module thermal (dissipator + fan).

You'll find below the part number (there are 3 models):

60.M6EN7.001MODULE.THERMAL.DIS.45W.N14MGL
    60.RYYN7.014MODULE.THERMAL.DIS.35W
    60.RYYN7.016MODULE.THERMAL.DIS.45W

You can ask to your customer service if they sold the spare part.

Note:

I send you a private message.

France
  • patriadorada
    Bonjour laurent, thank you for everything. But i really hope you are wrong as i dont have any money at the moment to replace the whole thermal module. I will let you know as soon as i install a new fan and thermal paste. Again thank you
  • Hello patriadorada,

You can only change the fan. I think you have a Sunon. Look at the part number on the label.

I will find this Sunon fan for 7USD with worldwide shipment (via Postage). On this site, many models and good feedback.

Note:

We haven't money but we have ideas! Smiley LOL

France
  • patriadorada
    Dont worry dude as im not asking for any money Smiley Happy i already got a friend who owns a business selling parts like this. Only problem is the delivery time as my country has terrible port congestion problems
  • patriadorada

Good day everyone! Sorry this is a bit late, as I have almost forgot to reply here. I was able to install a new fan and replace the dried out thermal paste. And now my laptop is good as new! many thanks to all of you who helped Smiley Happy