acer aspire cannot load Windows OS

gpapath
gpapath Member Posts: 5 New User

Acer Aspire V5 471 PG returns at start up a black sreen with message "operating system' not found after failed Windows upgrade from 8.1 to 10. The F2 button recovery route does not work (the button does not respond).

Is there any solution to this?

Best Answer

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

recovery is Alt+F10, F2 is to enter BIOS.

try to run recovery to restore the factory OS (windows 8.1) or create a bootable windows 10 media and try to fix the upgrade.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Windows-10-Installation-Recovery-Media-Creation-and-Use/ta-p/394236

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • gpapath

Alt + F10 doesn't work either

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

follow the instructions on the link i posted.

• gpapath

The Win 10 disc does not allow repair, if I choose "keep your files" it returns : "the station on which windows is mounted is locked; unlock the drive and try again" ; if I choose "remove everything" it returns "factory default cannot be carried out; a required disk partition misses".

So no success here.

The Win 8 repair disk is not recognised at all.

I contacted Acer service and they think that there is a hardware issue with the hd or the mb. Awaiting for their repair offer, but I hope that the consumer rights here gives me a position to get the repair for little.

Thanks anyway for your support . I will give the kudos.

cheers and much luck with job chasing

• IronFly

That locked message can be an issue with your HDD password locked on BIOS.

follow this instructions to clear that frozen status and then retry with the windows 10 disk.

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32674/~/bios-password-frozen

• gpapath

But this is the problem, mate. I cannot access the BIOS and the service desk had no ideas left after we tried a power reset. F2, Alt F10 and F12 do not work.

• IronFly

Sorry, my fault, i forgot your basic issue.

When Bios is not accessible, the only way to re-gain access is to take off the HDD and then enter BIOS, save and exit it; reconnect the HDD and try to enter again.

but this involves to take your laptop back cover off and if you are still under warranty, you did the right thing on calling Acer support service.

• gpapath

Thank you anyway for the effort and the instructions. I will keep them in mind if I get these type of problems again.

• IronFly

You welcome. Smiley Happy