Wireless NIC won't connect at N - stuck at 54mbps

Options
mr_armbars
mr_armbars Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an Acer Aspire, V3-771
The wireless card is an Atheros AR5BWB22

My router is broadcasting at 300MBPS (802.11 N) yet my connection is stuck at 54 MBPS.  I have had problems with this NIC since the first time I started this laptop, it frequently won't connect to trusted networks and then after 5-10 minutes it will eventually connect.  But now I am stuck and before I go out and buy an adapter that supports N or just change the internal network card I was wondering if anyone knows how I can possibly fix this?

If I go to network and sharing center then click on status of my connection it says connected at 54mbps.  If I go to "Network settings">"Advanced options" it says under properties: SSID: myssid, Protocol: 802.11n

So if I am connected at N, why is the connection still only 54mbps?  Any fix for this?  I did go in to my router and make sure that it's broadcasting at 300mbps yet I am not getting anywhere near that... even 150mbps would be better. What gives? Is it the card?  Thanks in advance!

Running Windows 10 home.

Answers

• silizium
    silizium Member Posts: 239 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

Maybe this makes no sense to you but try to disable IPv6, both on yout NIC and on your router. Reboot both devices and report here what happend.