Windows 8 Explorer crashes/ General crashes

pmpstyles
pmpstyles Member Posts: 3 New User

I have 2 Acer Aspire V5 572 Series.  Both have general crashes nearly every day.  Every day or two my pc will become sluggish and somewhat unresponsive.  If I go into the task manager and restart windows explorer.exe, the pc will work just fine for another day or two.  My wifes pc will crash at least once a day.  Programs will become unresponsive and crash without warning.  Customer files that have taken hours to develop and design will be lost when this happens.  I don't know what the issue is, but Acer has been my go to laptop since my first one several years ago.  All other brands have fallen short when Acer has always come through.  I would really like to get this issue fixed, but I can't really figure it out.  Thanks

Answers

• have you tried to restore to factory defaults

• pmpstyles

Nope, I bought mine in May and have to force restart explorer.exe every two days or so.  I just got my wifes a couple weeks ago and she just got everything transfered over from her old laptop. Hers has problems daily, but I don't know if she restarts explorer.exe like i do.  This might not even be an explorer problem, but it seems to solve the sluggishness and unresponsiveness when I restart the program.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

I would do a complete virus, spyware scan and check also installed explorer plugins/adware.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • pmpstyles

Thanks for the reply.  It is windows explorer not internet explorer.  Virus check comes out clear.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

ok, can you check under Event viewer/application about explorer.exe errors?

Windows key logo + x

Event viewer

Windows Logs/Applications

double click on the error string and copy paste the text or take a screenshot of that popup.

I'm not an Acer employee.