Windows 8.1 reset crash loop

Options
Bluefunk
Bluefunk Member Posts: 6 New User

Hi,

I have an Aspire V5-572P-6454 laptop which suddenly began bluescreening immediately after the "Acer" screen on startup.

I generated a recovery USB and attempted a refresh (failed due to "locked hard drive") and then I performed a "reset". All seemed to go well until the windows profile setup. I select a name for my computer, a wifi network and every time when it asks me to select a username/password for the computer, it crashes with the error:

"Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info and then we'll restart for you. If you'd liek to know more, you can search online later for the error:  SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (AODdriver2.sys" 

and it reboots and the cycle begins again.

My searches have suggested booting into safe mode (can't do it on a windows install). Uninstalling AMD overdrive drivers (can't do without windows).

What I really want to do is reformat and reinstall windows but obviously I cannot do that without a windows 8.1 product key, which you guys don't provide I understand.

Any suggestions? 

Best Answer

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

windows 8.1 product key is embedded on BIOS, so you don't need it even if you install from stock Windows 8.1 DVD.

you can also try to restore your system from Acer erecovery pressing ALT+F10 at boot.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Bluefunk
    Options
    I tried repeatedly pressing alt + f10 at boot and it just continued into the doomed windows 8.1 setup (select language)
  • IronFly
    Options

Yes, try to install from Acer erecovery instead of USB, let's see if laptop is able to end it and reboot without BSOD.

or after selecting language, you will be able to start windows in safe mode.

troubleshot

advanced options

startup settings

restart

enable safe mode

if you reach desktop, you can try to uninstall AMD drivers.

• Bluefunk
    Options
    Same BDOD unfortunately
  • IronFly
    Options

also trying to enter safe mode?

• Bluefunk
    Options

If I boot in safe mode it tells me "Windows cannot complete installation in safe mode, to continue installing windows restart the computer" and reboots

• Bluefunk
    Options

http://imgur.com/2obn7Ux for a screenshot of the main error in question

• IronFly
    Answer ✓
    Options

image link doesn't work.

as last resort, you can try a stock windows 8.1 installation media and check if error appears.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media

• Bluefunk
    Options

That seemed to work  - did a stock 8.1 installation. All running ok so far - guess my recovery files were corrupt for some reason.

Thanks for your help!

• IronFly
    Options

You welcome. Smiley Happy