Win10 Shutdown/standby problems on V5-573-54204G50aii and similar models

Options
sciencebug
sciencebug Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello,

i have an acer aspire v5-573 and its got some problem with win10.

going into standby doesnt power off any parts of the pc.

the os goes to sleep and the screen turns off, but the fans keep running and it stays hot and becomes unresponsive.

the only way to get out of that state is to force it off by holding the power button,

which obviously shuts down the machine completely, and the saved standby state is lost when its powered up again.

so basically standby is unusable.

as for regular power down, it only works if i shut it down soon after boot (maybe an hour or so).

if the machine has been on for longer than that, a shutdown will result in the same state as described above for

standby. funny enough, if i run the system for a couple of hours (until a shutdown wouldnt work properly anymore) and then do a reboot, it wont reboot but instead shut down properly...

i have gone through several complete reinstalls of different version of win10, and have installed the latest acer drivers and no other programs. the problems still persist. in additon, a friend of mine who has a different config of this acer aspire v5-573 model, is experiencing very similar if not quite identical issues.

is there any fix for this? has anyone else experienced similar issues?

Best Answer

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

It's a known compatibility issue with Intel Haswell-ULT computers (e.g. i5 4200U, i5 4210U, i7 4500U) and Windows 10 Intel Management Engine Interface driver 11.0.0.1146.

The most commonly used workaround is to use the Windows 8.1 Intel Management Engine Interface driver  9.5.24.1790.   If you're lucky, it's just a simple matter of going to device manager and rolling back the driver.  If you did a clean install of Windows 10, that rollback might not work, and you may have to install 9.5.24.1790.

https://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Aspire-V5-573G-freezes-instead-of-sleep-irregularly-not/m-p/392566

If you need more information or details, please search the forum as there's a few hundred posts about the issue.  Smiley Happy

Here's another Haswell-ULT computer with the same problem.

As far as a long term fix, I don't know.  I don't work for Acer and only Acer or Intel or Microsoft could answer that.  That Windows 8.1 MEI driver probably is the long term solution.  

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

It's a known compatibility issue with Intel Haswell-ULT computers (e.g. i5 4200U, i5 4210U, i7 4500U) and Windows 10 Intel Management Engine Interface driver 11.0.0.1146.

The most commonly used workaround is to use the Windows 8.1 Intel Management Engine Interface driver  9.5.24.1790.   If you're lucky, it's just a simple matter of going to device manager and rolling back the driver.  If you did a clean install of Windows 10, that rollback might not work, and you may have to install 9.5.24.1790.

https://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Aspire-V5-573G-freezes-instead-of-sleep-irregularly-not/m-p/392566

If you need more information or details, please search the forum as there's a few hundred posts about the issue.  Smiley Happy

Here's another Haswell-ULT computer with the same problem.

As far as a long term fix, I don't know.  I don't work for Acer and only Acer or Intel or Microsoft could answer that.  That Windows 8.1 MEI driver probably is the long term solution.  

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • sciencebug
    sciencebug Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

thank you...

thank you VERY MUCH Smiley Very Happy