Wifi problem with Aspire VN7-791.

Axoun
Axoun Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello,

I've got a problem with my Acer Aspire VN7-791.

I've reinstalled Windows 8.1 and I have some issues with the Wifi card.

I've first tried to install the drivers I found on the website, and no one of them could make work (The system still couldn't recognize the wifi card)

Then I tried to install the driver of the official site, and with this one :

http://www.killernetworking.com/support/driver-downloads/standard-drivers

The system detected the wifi card and I can now see the SSID of the networks around me.

But when I tried to connect to my network, I couln't, I have a "Can not connect to the network." from windows.

I have a Linux dual boot and on it just works fine, I can see the networks around me and I can connect to mine.

My wifi card is a "Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4 Wireless Network Adapter".

On another hand, I can still use the hosted network functionnality of the wifi card, if that information could help.

Also, for some reason, I can't use the Acer Care Center, it says my PC is not supported.

Thank you in advance for your help and sorry for my bad english.

Best Answer

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

Go to Control Panel, Programs and features and uninstall the wifi. Make sure there are no other wifi related drivers installed. Reboot and install the latest Acer wifi driver.

As a last resort, save your personal date and do a factory recovery.

Answers

• philetus
    Answer ✓

Go to Control Panel, Programs and features and uninstall the wifi. Make sure there are no other wifi related drivers installed. Reboot and install the latest Acer wifi driver.

As a last resort, save your personal date and do a factory recovery.

• Axoun

I've already tried that, but it didn't work.

Fortunately, I had an old image backup of my PC and I could get a working driver from my previous installation.

Thanks for your help !

• philetus

That's great. What driver version works?

• Axoun

I use a french version of Windows and I don't know the exact translation in english, but in the "Peripheral Manager", the shown version of the driver is 11.0.0.373.

• philetus

What is the date of that driver? It seems a newer version than the one on Acer.

• Axoun

The driver's date is 08/21/2014.