Wifi problem with Acer Aspire V5 572 (non touchscreen)

Options
priyanka-kal
priyanka-kal Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi there! I saw other posts regarding wifi issues, but not regarding my laptop model (ACER ASPIRE V5 572). The issue is that wifi simply won't connect to my laptop unless I use a cord to connect the model & my laptop. I've confirmed that it's not an issue with my internet as my phone connects to my wifi, so it's just a problem with my laptop. I've tested it in other locations besides my home, and once again, it won't connect. 

So, my questions

1) Why is that happening?

2) Can I fix it by myself? If so, HOW?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    You may check if you have the recommended Atheros wireless adapter driver version
    Open device manager, Press and hold the Window logo key and tap X on your keyboard to open device manager.
    Expand network adapter, right click and select properties and check the driver version.
    For windows 8 the driver versio should be V 10.0.0.225 and for windows 8.1 the version would be 10.0.0.263
    If you have an incorrect version download and install the drivers here

If any issue perists, please contact Acer support.

If you have a unit from US or Canada, you may also live chat with an Acer technician at : Acer live chat

If you have purchased the computer in any other country, you may contact Acer support here : Acer Global Support

• priyanka-kal
    Options

I've downloaded the proper driver, but how do I install it?

• sathya0403
    Options
    Hi,

Once Downloaded driver.
    1. Unzip the Content to location (like desktop)
    2. Open Install CD
    3. Look for setup.exe, Double click & just follow the instruction to install the driver(will install both BT & wifi), Cheers
  • priyanka-kal
    Options

I have done exactly what you suggested, but my internet without the cord still doesn't work. Here is what I've installed: