Where can I find a power supply that comes with the Aspire VN7-792G? It got lost in traveling.

Options
Lambwriter
Lambwriter Member Posts: 1 New User

I packed the power supply but when I reached my first destination, the power supply was gone leaving me know way to power my laptop. I really would like another acer provided power supply but I am not finding them anywhere on the web. Would someone please provide me a link where I can purchase another acer power supply. I just want what I bought in the first place and not a third party power supply. Nothing I can do about the missing one but I'd love to get the same one. 

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,093 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello,

Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

France
  • CarnegieJ
    CarnegieJ Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    Options

A replacement power supply adapter, 135W Adapter kit with Power Cord (Purple Connector), may be ordered from the Acer store here,  https://store.acer.com/en-us/135w-adapter-kit-with-power-cord-purple-connector?___store=usa_en

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi,

I am curious if somebody from acer can answer to this question.

I have a 135W power supply for the 591G and I see that it has a strange behaviour.

Since here is quite cold outside (-10C) and I need to carry my notebook around I encounter the problem that after arriving from point A to point B and carrying the notebook and power supply in my backpack, when I plugin the power adapter, it does not provide any power to the notebook, even if I am 100% certain that I provide power to the adapter (it's not that the wall socket is not working). Since I don't have any light on the power adapter itself, I cannot conclude anything (bad move to remove a light from the adapter).

What I noticed is that if I sit for around 20-30 minutes, and then unplug and plug the adapter to the wall socket the adapter will start working. So my curiosity if there is any temperature sensor in the adapter which would not allow the adapter to run if it's too cold.

Of course if I hold the power supply in my hand for 2-3 minutes, then I unplug and plugin again it will work fine.

This issue never happens if I don't go outside, (eg: if I don't carry around the notebook, but still when I leave home I usually unplug the power adapter).

At this point I am unsure if the power supply has an issue, or it's just a safety feature, and if I should order just in case another power adapter.

PS: don't imagine that the power adapter is really cold when I try to start it, (I am certain is not even close to 0C, I carry it in a backpack, not in my hand), and I don't have this issue with my other notebooks which I carry around in the same way.

• CarnegieJ
    CarnegieJ Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    Options

@sharky25k, every power adapter has an operating temperature range. The respected and good power adapters like the ones that come with our Acer VN7 notebooks have temperature protection circuits. Unfortunately, the operating temperature specs for my VN7-792G power adapter (Part# AK.135AP.020) is not listed on datasheet or on the device.

Attempting to operate an adapter outside of it's normal operating temperature range is a recipe for bad things may happen. And yes, bad things can happen at low temperatures if the low temp is below the operating temperature range.

Cheers,

CJ