When I search Acer's site for the drivers & manuals for the V3-575T-71U5, nothing comes up. ???

Homer1952
Homer1952 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

I am thinking of buying my first Acer after owning Asus laptops. 

So the first thing I do is to look at the Support for the drivers & manual for model I am considering.  Asus support was good & I don't want to lose that.

When I enter it (V3-575T-71U5) in the model search, nothing comes up.  So then I look below the model search toSmiley Surprisedr select my product from a list; and there are no LAPTOPS listed there.

Am I missing something or is Acer's support very lacking?

Thanx - Bob

Best Answer

• Homer1952

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

Thanx, Ace JB. Well done.

Acer calls this a computer a LAPTOP within it's site description, but apparently it is a NOTEBOOK when looking for drivers. Makes no sense to me. And Acer should provide hotlinks to all drivers etc., right at the product description site. 

Thanx again - Bob

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Homer1952

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

Thanx, Ace JB. Well done.

Acer calls this a computer a LAPTOP within it's site description, but apparently it is a NOTEBOOK when looking for drivers. Makes no sense to me. And Acer should provide hotlinks to all drivers etc., right at the product description site. 

Thanx again - Bob

• Acer-Cory
    Acer-Cory Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Hi Bob,

Sorry for the confusion here. We've taken this feedback and shared it with our web team and the team responsible for drivers.

One other way that may help you is to use your Acer ID, it's the same one you created and linked to your Acer Community account. You can access it here; http://account.acer.com and then register your product. It will give you quicker access to the drivers and downloads of your unit.

Thanks,
    Cory

• ChazDarwin
    ChazDarwin Member Posts: 1 New User

Thanks Jordan.

Finally found what I was looking for by using your link and the laptop's SNID.  Going through Acer's menus to get driver support refused to show me anything for Product Type or SNID and wouldn't even give me list of products to choose from.  This on 3 different PCs using 3 different browsers.

Not too impressed with Acer support.