What is the correct Display Adapter for the Acer Aspire V3-574TG-749V Windows 10

toboutspokin
toboutspokin Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello,

Can you please tell me the correct Display Adapter for the Acer Aspire V3-574TG-749V laptop with Windows 10?
This laptop I bought has options for two graphic adapters installed, to enable or disable using Device Manager, but neither work well.

1.) Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500: has a lousy  distorted screen image but allows the projection to another monitor/television by the HDMI port.

2.) NVIDIA Genforce 940M: has a good picture but doesn't allow HDMI to TV and no "sleep" capability.

I don't know if these came with the laptop from the factory when I bought it last February 2016.

Can you please let me know which Display Adapter is recommended for this particular laptop and where I can download it to install on to this laptop?

Thank you, -Andy D.

Answers

• EliteMan
    EliteMan Member Posts: 31 New User

I would prefer the NVIDA graphics card because it's performance compared to Intel's. If you're a gamer or you do video editing than you should just use the 940m, but it just depends on what you use it for. If you just browse on the internet, or watch videos than you should use the HD 5500 card.

NVIDIA:

http://www.nvidia.ca/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Intel:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html

Good luck Andy!

• toboutspokin
    toboutspokin Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you EliteMan for your rapid response.

However, I already have these two Display Adapters, but neither of them work well, for the reasons I indicated in my post. I don't know if they are optimal for this particular [Acer Aspire V3-574TG-749V Windows 10] laptop.

I also don't know if these were installed in the laptop I got directly from ACER last February.

So my question really was:
    What is the CORRECT Display Adapter for the Acer Aspire V3-574TG-749V Windows 10?

and where can I download that correct Display Adapter to be installed in this laptop.

Thank you to any one that knows this answer.

-Andy D.

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer

Hi,

You can not replace the adapters but could update the drivers and see whether it improves the performance.