What happened to the VN7-592G-788W? The only 4K model of the VN7-592G just disappeared completely!

alphiwal
alphiwal Member Posts: 2 New User

So I was just about to purchase the VN7-592G-788W from amazon (the 4K model with the i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, GTX 960M 4GB and 512GB SSD) and it suddenly disappeared. Amazon stopped selling it, along with Adorama camera, and it disappeared off Acer's website. What the heck? 

And also, when will the Skylake V Nitros come with Intel RealSense cameras? Its already August it was supposed to be out ages ago....

Answers

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi,

I don't know what happened but I will give you my opinion about 4k on a 15.6" inch monitor. Don't buy one. I owned one personally and is just a drag. Windows scalling is not the best, some software don't scale at all, no matter what video card you have you will not run any game at 4K, thus running at non-native resolution it will not be so great. It will not be so sharp as you would like. It puts a lot of stress on the GPU when you playback at 4k a video and so on. Overall I think for a 15.6" monitor the maximum resolution would be 1080p or 1440p max. Above this is overkill, and just a drag.

And to use a 4k monitor at 1080p is just stupid, a 1080p monitor will look more sharp than a 4k one running at 1080p.

For PC it would be great, but for notebook I think is just a headache.

PS: My notebook (with 4k screen) had a battery life of around 2 hours and 10 minutes, of medium use (not light). And the same notebook (just I changed the screen) with 1080p pannel runs for 2 hours and 40 minutes with medium use.