WIFI Interfering VGA Drivers

mudasarrafaq
mudasarrafaq Member Posts: 11 New User

Dear Guys!!

I have an acer VN7-591G Black Edition.

Everything was fine untill renecntly whenevr i try to connect to wifi network my laptop's Screen Flickers.

i don't know what's going on. but whenever i connect through wifi my laptop screen flickers and sometimes flickering is too strong that my screen goes black, but whenever i turn off Wifi eveyrthing seems to go back to normal.

to help with flickering i have to hibernate my pc and then resume then flickering is gone.

ask me more and i shall tell you because right now i don't know how to explain.

(Sorry English is my 3rd Language)

Need Reply ASAP if Possible... Thanks...

Answers

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi,

Could you privide us with a little bit more information.

Particulary tell us what BIOS version you have, what OS, and what's the driver version for intel HD graphics and the wireless network card driver version. This is quite an odd conflict...

• mudasarrafaq

Bios Version is 1.15,

OS is Windows 10 Pro

Driver version on intel HD is 10.18.15.4248 and on nVidia is the latest.

And for the Wireless driver is 4.0.2.217.

• sharky25k

Hi,

This happened after aniversary update? Or it was from a long time.

First thing first. Your BIOS is up to date.

Your intel hd graphics driver is outdated and buggy, as reported in many posts from around the forum  Smiley Happy.

Please do what the solution is on this topic to update your graphics driver to the latest one:

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/VN7-591G-latest-driver-2016/m-p/434317#M10190

Just you should try to download the latest driver from intel and the post assumes that you have intel HD graphics 4600 (or a 4th generation I7 processor).

I have a difficulty with the wireless driver based on your information. Now I am not sure which module you have but on the driver webpage there are two drivers.

Please go to http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers and input your model number and download the appropiate wifi driver, and install it. I don't know if it will help. Also make sure you update the intel management engine. It can be a simple issue of the management engine. You can find this driver on the same webpage.

I own a 591G and I don't have this issue, it's true I don't have the original atheros wifi card anymore since I think that the driver support for that card is poor from acer side, and in many cases it randomly loses the internet conectivity for no reason. Of course disconnecting and reconnecting solves the issue.

• mudasarrafaq

Thank you For Reply..

Problem was there before the anniversary update.

I will update my Driver for HD4600.

and for the wireless i have downloaded from acer , there are two types of drivers, i have tested both one by one but whenever i restart my pc problem came back then again i have to hibernate and resume again.

and one more thing i will change my wifi router (Which looks old) and see if the problem is resolved or not..

would you give me name of what type of wifi card are you using and can you recommend me any with links where to but it.

My wifi card also have poor reception most times and droping signals often.

Thanks

• sharky25k

Hi,

Well I cannot tell you for sure that if you will change the wifi card the problem will be solved. I never encountered an issue as you describe on my 591G even if I was using for almost one year the wifi card which came with the notebook. And to be honest I don't know how the router could cause an issue like this.

Regarding my current wifi card I am using a Killer AC 1535 M.2 wifi card. I never had any issue with disconnecting for no reason from any wireless network which I have tried so far.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Killer-1535-Notebook-Wireless-Bluetooth/dp/B01724QS3O

I bought it from ebay, since it is quite hard to find it for sale in "normal" shops.