Whenever I try to Install VirtualBox my PC gets hanged. Below is my PC

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/NX.G6TAA.001

Please help.

Thank You

Answers

• dowst
    dowst Member Posts: 30 Troubleshooter
    Options

I have a similar machine, not exactly the same specs with Virtualbox 5.1.8 running with a Centos 5 guest with no problems.

Virtualbox exe is installed on the SSD while the vdi file is on the HD.

At what point is the system hanging?

• OzairAkhlaq
    OzairAkhlaq Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Options
    While installing it gets hanged. But when I run the installer it imstalls ok but got hanged as I was trying to add a machine. Then force restarted and it is working fine now.

What windows you have?
  • dowst
    Options

Windows 10 version 1511

• OzairAkhlaq

Tinkerer

Options
    Home or Pro? Because as I read Home does not support Virtualization. But I have home and my virtual machines work fine. VirtualBox got hanged only when I ran it without Admin privileges.
  • dowst
    Options

Windows 10 Home as I at this time refuse to pay for the PRO upgrade as it seams to be getting less PRO every day.

Yes the account is an admin account.

Virtualbox does all the virtalization I need, probably not as fast as Hyper-V but free.

I'm looking at changeing the machine to linux in the future once the hardware (wifi, trackpad &

camara/microphone) support has got sorted out.

The only think Microsoft that I'm still using is the OS

• OzairAkhlaq

Tinkerer

Options
    So you didn't get any problem like this while installing or using VB?????
  • dowst
    Options

No

So you have go VB installed and you can open and close it with no guests configured in the VB manager, correct?

You now want to add a guest starting from scratch or use an existing image file?

What OS is the guest?

• OzairAkhlaq

Tinkerer

Options

Right now it is working fine. I have added 2 machines onto it and they work fine. I am just curious that why does my PC gets hanged while installing (I tried installing many times from scratch and all the times it got hanged until finally, I ran it as an Admin). My account is an admin account but with UAC enabled so I have to give extra Admin privileges to programs if I want it to run as an admin. So I am thinking even if I run without admin privileges the program should not hang. Smiley Frustrated