Very weak wifi connection in a VN7-591G-76JG Aspire Nitro Black Edition.

Options
Pocopony22
Pocopony22 Member Posts: 10 New User

Hi everyone.

Let me tell you, I feel very worried.

I have bought yesterday this laptop for 1200 dollars, and it look very likely for me, but I discover surprisely that it can't mantain a minimum wifi connection at home when I am more than 3 meters far away from the router.

The thing is that my tablet Nexus 7, my smartphone LG and all of my roomates devices work properly at distances of 20 or 30 meters. So, what's the problem hidden here?

But it was still more surprising that I've found that I'm not the only perjudiced with this issue. In internet you have the same problem for Acer Aspire Nitros from almost a year ago. How can't Acer fix a problem that came so far ago? It's unexplainable.

I need and answer for this, people aren't fools, for an insignificant wireless chip inside the laptop, that costs 10 or 20 dollars, we are all suffering after paying more than 1000 $, this is nonsense!!!

PD: I've tried all of the advices that I've read, recommended for other versions of the 591G, like installing the wifi patch, like reinstalling the drivers, and nothing has worked so long. The only solution I've found is to sit next to the router, 50 cm, and with this internet connection is fine, but I am writing from the floor of the sitting room.

Please, I need help, a quick solvement, if I can't repair tomorrow the problem, I have taken the decission to get the laptop back to the seller and recover my money, to buy another brand one. I remember having my first laptop, an Aspire One, and it lasted less than a year. One day inmediately after swicht the power on, it sounded like a destroyed cadillac from 39', it started to smell like scorch, and there it died. So your credibility for me is in serious judgement.

Answers

• Pocopony22
    Options

Nothing!Smiley Sad

I talked this morning with a chat operator from Acer Support Team about a solution.

He just sent me a shortcut to the wifi patch. I installed it and restarted but nothing changed, I still need to be 2-3 meters away the router to work properly.

¿Any idea?. My only hope currently  is wait for the windows 10 upgrade, and see if it works well with the new wifi configuration for the new OS, but... something inside me tells me that it won't be useful, that may be the reason of last price lowerings...

• Pocopony22
    Options
      • Today I have updated  to Windows 10 being reinstalled by the program all of the drivers again. This was my last chance to have it solved. But although there was a little decrease in dropping connection, once I leave the living room to the doining room next to and 5 meters away or go to my bedroom 8 meters away I could spend 30 minutes to load a simply msn main page.

So, although otherwise is a good computer, powerful and speedy, with relatively low  weight, the main function to get one of this laptop instead a 17" with 12 pounds or a fixed one is to be able to travel with it, use it in your work, university, library, and adding that the battery in the 4k one is even less than 2h in power saving  mode, the touchpad is ok for windows but null for gaming, you have to travel with its enormous plug adapter, a mouse, a brand new WiFi anthene... What's this? This is no portable at all...

So I am between taking it back tomorrow or buy a WiFi anthene through amazon and be the man with the gadgets eveeywhere I go.

Any opinion, idea, solution????

Any opinion, idea, solution????

PD: Adding the fact that it heats so much in the inferior cover even un power saving mode with windows using that putting the laptop over your knees is a hell torture. Yes its true that superior cover where you put the hands to write doesnt even get warm gaming, but, anybody thought in user's knees?? No one...

• Pocopony22
    Options

Finally I decided to buy a wifi-usb adapter dual banded, this could be the solution to the problems. Give this laptop back is a difficult thing that could be a mess in my life. I prefer to do what Acer does not, put a better device for picking wifi signal.

It will be at home in 48h, so I will tell you if it goes ok.

As the touchpad is very unsensitive for gaming, I had to buy a mouse, so 2 of the 3 USB ports are now occupied...

PD: I am charging the amount of all the changes and enhancements I have to install to the laptop to see which is the final price, matching with another results of his competitors.

By the time:

1200 $ + 18 $ (dual band wifi usb adapter; wifi issues) + 10 $ (mouse;  miserable touchpad) = 1228 $ + ...

• Pocopony22
    Options

In the end the wifi USB wich was dual/band and up to 300 + 45 Mb/sec. 2 and 5 GHz capable didn't not only catch the wifi signal since my 8 meters away room but even from the same place 3 meters away the router, the laptop integrated adapter rise to 50 Mb connection and the external usb purchased only 22 Mb, so I am sending it back to amazon, and then I think that the router is the guilty, so I am near to buy a new router, although my phone and tablet get the signal amazingly good.