VN7-791G webcam not working

markovic83
markovic83 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi,

My webcam isn't working any more.
I didn't use it for a while and I only found out about it yesterday.

In device manager there is no imaging devices, only one "Unknown USB device (Device descriptor Request Failed)".

I verified this is a webcam when I unplugged it and then plugged it again.

In Events there were entry about driver migration on 2016-09-14, possibly around the same time when Anniversary update was installed (I can't be sure). 

Then, there are these entries 

Device USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\6&16ad8f3&0&5 could not be migrated.

Last Device Instance Id: USB\VID_04B4&PID_00FA\5&1FEEBF0F&0&7
Class Guid: {36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000}

I've tried to uninstall driver, let windows install it again but it didn't help.

I also tried to install driver from acer drivers site but that is for intel and installation can't go through.

I also tried to manually install Cypress USB-Serial MFG mode, because googling for last device instance id was showing it was Cypress. Uninstalling Usb controllers also didn't help.

Basically, I've tried everything I could think and found on internet, but nothing works.

Is it simply dead or this could be some driver issue?

I forgot to mention - it displays error code 43.

Best Answer

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew
    Answer ✓

If you are talking about the built in web cam that shipped on the system from factory, if Device Manager is not seeing the camera or sees it with an error code, we recommend it be serviced by Acer to resolve. Please contact Acer support for your region for assistance with this, from this link:

https://www.acer.com/worldwide/

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew
    Answer ✓

If you are talking about the built in web cam that shipped on the system from factory, if Device Manager is not seeing the camera or sees it with an error code, we recommend it be serviced by Acer to resolve. Please contact Acer support for your region for assistance with this, from this link:

https://www.acer.com/worldwide/

• markovic83
    markovic83 Member Posts: 2 New User

It seems to be hardware issue. I ordered a new camera.
    I must say I am very dissapointed
    Laptop had backlight bleeding issues from the beggining.

Touchpad misbehaves after prolonged usage and now this.

And this is 1 year old laptop.