VN7-791G Fn + keys not working - Launch Manager?

Options
cbud
cbud Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I had to reinstall Win 10 x64.

The Blue Fn + [another blue key] functions such as Brightness, Volume UP/Down, Sleep, WiFi, etc do not work.

VN7-791G laptop / notebook.

I downloaded and installed LaunchManager_Dritek_5.1.15_W7x64_A, but still no Blue keys work.

Launch Manager doesn't put anything in the All Programs list.

When I go into Program Files(x86), the Launch Manager directory has 5 .exe files.

But when I open them, they do nothing.  I'm assuming LMConfig.exe and/or LManager.exe should do something like launch a GUI maybe?

I've been reading that this Launch Manager should install some keyboard drivers perhaps, but it's not obvious where to look for these to see if the Fn key drivers are there.

Is there another newer version for Win 10 x64 of Dritek Launch Manager I should be using?

I'm familiar with Lenovo HotKey driver that I just install and it magically starts popping up stuff on the screen when I use the Fn key sequences.  But this Launch Manager is rather cryptic with no GUI, no messages to tell me that drivers were installed, etc.  The setup.exe just finishes and closes itself and does nothing else.

How do I actually use Launch Manager to manage my keyboard stuff?  Am I missing a GUI software somehow?