VN7-791G-7939 Screen is completely blank during startup - not able to use

raja
raja Member Posts: 7 New User

Hi Folks! I'm using VN7-791G-7939 since a year. Yesterday, when I try to start my pc by pressing power button as usual. I did not see anything on screen even a blink, the screen completely blank. Does anybody came across similar issue, if so please advise me.

Thanks.. waiting for your response

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Try to connect it to an external monitor or TV via HDMI and check if any image appears.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • raja

I tried by resetting the battery, it worked fine for 30 minutes or so then the screen freezed.. its unresponsive. Try to restart couple of times no luck. Again reset the battery, but this it wont last for more than a minute. Can anybody suggest me permanant fix.. Thanks.

• IronFly

please check that your laptop fans are working and are clean.

check your BIOS version too:

windws logo key + r

type

msinfo32

check BIOS data/version string

if it's below 1.11, please update it:

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_1.11_A_A.zip?acerid=635620743023830673&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%20VN7-791G&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

if it's already updated, backup all your data and do a windows refresh; if your laptop still hands, give Acer support service a call if under warranty or take it to a repair shop.

in my opinion it will be an overheat issue or some VGA hardware issue.

• raja

Finally, I was able to update BIOS.. during installation it restared normally withour any issues. So far so good.. I'll observer it and keep you posted.

Just wondering is there a way that I can auotamticlly update all the drivers and bios??

• IronFly

BIOS update must be a manual operation for safety reasons.

about automatic drivers update, windows 10 does it but...sometimes it installs a bad driver and you will not be able to boot anymore (in the worst case).

• raja

It worked fine till Monday evening... On Monday evening when I tried to start laptop the screen is black.. turned it off and then connected to power cable and try to start.. it worked fine. On tuesday with and without powersupply the screen is always black, it did not displayed anything like earlier.

• IronFly

at this point, i think you have an hardware issue but only Acer support service can check this.

• raja

Hi..Sorry for late reply..

Do you think its because of the fans are not functioning properly? I notice fans are not running when I powered it on? Also when I was using it in AC room, its working fine. Any thoughts or advices?

• IronFly
    Can be a fan issue so it's overheating.
  • raja

I got this again and the person who checked my laptop suggested to replace GPU BGA chip. Last time it was reballed. What do you think?