VN7-791G-77GW Fans Stopped Working

batu9393
batu9393 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello everyone, 

Today I realized my fans stopped working. It has been 4 or 5 months since I bought this laptop there were no problems with it until now. Also, I was playing games 4-5 days ago and nothing happened to the hardware at this time period. I tried to play the same game today and the fps was very low and then I realized there isn't any loud fan noise. I tried to use dustdefender to check whether my fan is working or not but it keep saying "This feature is disabled if the system load is heavy." . It says this even though there aren't anything working on the background. In this time period a windows update is done and also, I deleted some software which is about some sound stuff (not the drivers.) . I deleted and re-installed Quick Access and still nothing. What is the problem?

Answers

• batu9393
    batu9393 Member Posts: 2 New User

Also, I double checked it while benchmarking fans are not spinning at all just stationary. What should I do?

• bassel
    bassel Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

Did you find a solution, I have the same problem keep saying "load is heavy"

• SirLollington
    SirLollington Member Posts: 1 New User

I originally came here looking for the answer to the same issue you were having with dust defender. I'm not sure on this myself, but I managed to get it working eventually by decreasing the system load as much as I could:

- Close all processes that may be running in the background to drop CPU usage below 5%. You can check your CPU usage and which programs are hogging processor time in the task manager (Press CTRL+Shift+ESC). Make sure you have admin privileges, otherwise you might not be able to close some processes. Also make sure that you know what you're closing, sometimes a system process will hog CPU but forcing it to quit will cause serious damage to your operating system.

- Switch to the Power Saving profile (I'm usually on High Performance) so the CPU clock frequency drops. Mine went as low as 0.8 GHz when I stopped a bunch of background processes.

- Let your CPU cool off. Mine wasn't very warm to begin with so I'm not sure if this has anything to do with why it refused to reverse the fans, but when it actually *did* allow me to reverse them my CPU was almost down to room temperature.

I'm not sure about why your fans stopped working. This could be anything from them being blocked mechanically to an electrical failure, or a software based issue. If you manage to reverse your fans, it might be a software issue or a mechanical issue. Do you have a way to tell the fans to spin at full RPM? My Acer Predator has a button to toggle spinning the fans as fast as possible. If you could try that as well, you'd be at least able to narrow down the list of possible causes for your fans not working - that is, if you're even still using the laptop after all this time.

Let me know if this works for you!