VN7-593G fan revving up when idle

Fiona1212
Fiona1212 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello,

I recently purchased a V15 Nitro Black Edition VN7-593G.  When idle or browsing the web, the fans does a couple of odd things.  First of all, it's never steady--it sort of goes fast and slow.  In addition to that, sometimes the fan will rev up for less than a second, and it will do this repeatedly for a few minutes.  Kind of like a motorcycle revving up.  It does it more when I wake it up from sleep or start it up.  I didn't think this was the dust defender, but perhaps it is?

Does anyone else have this issue?

Unrelated, but I also have the speaker pop issue, too.

Answers

• lexel
    lexel Member Posts: 3 New User

I have the exact same issue with my vn7-592g, the fan goes on short, infrequent bursts when the laptop is idle or lid is closed. It also happens when not idle but not that often though. I did not pay too much attention to this until now, but it's definitely strange. I have win10 installed 

• lexel

Could anyone from the acer crew pay attention to this thread please ??

• withic
    withic Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

You could uninstall Acer Quick Access to remove DustDefender, which is programmed to automatically clear out dust every 3 hours or try installing a newer version of the Intel Chipset Device Software. Good luck!

• lexel
    Either way, with Acer Quick Access installed or not, the revving phenomenon is still present. It only happens when the CPU is used up to 5-10% max.
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    It is because the fan speed changes according to load. When web browsing, the CPU is used more while loading pages or watching videos and because the CPU usage changes and doesn't stay constant, that is why the fan speed changes too.

It can be dust defender, but mind that dust defender activates once every 3hours.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!