VN7 592g restarting when on battery

Options
Rockeraocao
Rockeraocao Member Posts: 10 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

I have a problem with my 2 months old VN7 592g. Everytime i use it on battery, the notebook works few minutes (around 20-30), then restarts and keeps on restarting until i plug the adapter again. The restarts intervals are shorter every time to the point, when the notebook only boots and restarts after few seconds.

Battery is in good condition (barely used), drivers and bios were updated several times. I believe this is software issue, as after few restarts i see some window repair screen, which will last there long time if i dont choose any of the options.

And battery voltage is cca 12,5 volts when plugged, but falls down slowly to 11,5 - can that cause the issue?

Answers

• benton582
    benton582 Member Posts: 213 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

Could be the battery and/or adapter causing unstable voltage, I reccomend you try a diffrent outlet first.

• Rockeraocao
    Options

Hi, thanks for answer, my message was a bit unclear - with adapter plugged in, the voltage is good. Only problem is when i use the notebook on battery. I dont know if 11,5V is good or not, just asking.

• benton582
    benton582 Member Posts: 213 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

I ma kind of confused, from what I can gather, your adapter and computer are fine when you use them, but when it is on battery, the voltage becomes unstable and doesn't supply the computer with enough power? And there is a choice on how many volts you can supply, gathering from what you said about, "11,5V is good or not?"

It's also unclear on what exactly happens when your computer suddenly restarts on battery, does it happen every so often? Like for example, 5-10 minutes? It would really help me determine what exactly could have caused such a problem.

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Hey,

Well regarding your question about the battery voltage.

Your internal battery is rated at 11.4 V 52.5W. So don't worry about the voltage drop during discharging, is perfectly normal, this is how it should work.

More details about your battery type you can find here:

http://www.myfixguide.com/manual/acer-aspire-v15-nitro-vn7-592g-disassembly/

• Rockeraocao
    Options

Benton - I have mentioned it in first post, first 20-30 minutes are fine, then first restart, 5-10 minutes OK and again... after a while its restarting few second after booting, cca every 30 seconds. Anyway, sharky already answered my question regarding voltage

sharky - thanks for your reply

anyway, other people facing this problem should just TIGHTEN THE SCREWS on the bottom of the laptop. From what i have read on the internet, there is a switch on the motherboard which is turning the battery off, when laptop is dissassembled. However if the laptop its not put together properly or the screws are a bit loose, the switch is not fully disactivated and might cause some issues. I have now used the laptop on battery for two times from 100% to 0% and so far its working with no restart. I will update if the restarts would come back.

• PasinduLakshan
    PasinduLakshan Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I got the same laptop and same problem here. I sent my laptop to repair to company 4 times but every time they said, we changed your battery and now its okay, we changed your motherboard and now its okay and again said there's no problem here and those lies. If you have a better solution please let me know. After all of these now I'm using my laptop like a desktop machine plugged in every time. I suggest don't buy this laptop there's a manufacture fault here that the company also doesn't know.
    Thank you
    Acer Aspire VN7-592G user