VN7-592G touchpad erratic movements!

danny24
danny24 Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello, I just got myself VN7 - 592G and I have a major problem with my touchpad. From time to time my cursor starts going crazy, jumping all over the screen and becomes unusable. The only thing that I can do is restart my machine until this problem doesn't occur again. I have updated all the drivers, BIOS, etc, but it happens again. 

Few weeks ago I have updated firmware to v1.17 in order to improve a touchpad performance and I am wondering could this be causing my troubles.

I see that there are some other topics with users having the same issues and they are all unresolved.

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Answers

• jakenbake350
    jakenbake350 Member Posts: 10 New User

I saw your reply to my topic but can't see it for some reason. My only solution is to use the fn key to turn the touchpad on/off and it resets it for some time. Til then I just use a mouse

• danny24

Thanks for replying!

What is the reason for this behaviour? Is it Windows 10? Is it a hardware causing problems? Or are the drivers problem? Have you contacted Acer support and have they offered any help?

Thanks!

• jakenbake350

The most diagnosing I've done is to post here and they told me to update my drivers. No help though after multiple revisions from Synoptics and the other manufacturer. This didn't happen to me until around January/February but I got the laptop in November. I used the touchpad all the time and it was perfect for the first few months.

I think I remember a win 10 update in January that was major and rolled back a ton of my drivers and screwed a whole bunch of things up. No idea if it started immediately before or after. It could just be a hardware malfunction too because it registers clicks as well as moving. Makes it annoying to use this laptop when I'm in a lab gathering data, don't wanna lug a mouse around for a laptop all the time.

• danny24

you give 1000€ for a laptop and than as basic thing as touchpad doesn't work correctly. That's really amazing!!

• jakenbake350

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Touchpad-firmware-update-VN7-592G/m-p/413929

Thats my my old post, I have yet to follow up on which drivers work since I always use a mouse. Give it a try though, I will.

• danny24

Thanks, I even had doubts that this firmware is what's causing troubles, but I guess not. 

I know now surely that the problem is not Windows update, since I have disabled them yesterday and the problem is still happening. And Intel Access program I can't find so I guess that it has been removed!

Cheers!

• jakenbake350

Well I don't think you should disable windows update. I just meant a major update came out at the end of January which messed up a lot of drivers for me. The program itself wasn't the issue, just the changes the update brought.

I'm attempting to diagnose it by using the touchpad more often. Refer back to my old post and follow those instructions, try to see if there's an incorrect driver being used.

• pneooma
    pneooma Member Posts: 6 New User

I'm having the same problems with my touchpad, also when the WiFi traffic is high, the USB mouse has some lags and glitches. I heard some rumors that it might be a problem regarding the CPU management or video compatibility. 

Have you found a solution beside using a mouse?

• jakenbake350
    I've had no luck with subsequent driver updates. I may send it to acer before the warranty is up but i need my laptop for work and couldn't really do without it for a week+
  • pneooma
    pneooma Member Posts: 6 New User

I found the best results by turning the touchpad to " basic " mode ( and the user struggle mode on ) and by dezinstalling the Intel HD 530 drivers and forcing windows to use "Microsoft basic display driver".

Still wraping my head around this embaresing problem.