VN7-592G blue screen after installed Windows 10 Anniversary update

whanklee
whanklee Member Posts: 13 New User

Hi,

This week I installed the last Windows 10 update on my VN7-592G laptop (tried by upgrade from 1511 build and clean install, too), however, I always get blue screen error. I cannot use my laptop, or do anything because of Acer doesn't update drivers.

Of course, I have installed the last Acer's drivers from acer.com but Audio Realtek doesn't work so my computres crashes at starting. 

==================================================

Dump File         : 080316-7609-01.dmp

Crash Time        : 2016. 08. 03. 0:18:11

Bug Check String  : SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Bug Check Code    : 0x1000007e

Parameter 1       : ffffffff`c0000005

Parameter 2       : fffff80e`adc68a41

Parameter 3       : ffffb281`d19376a8

Parameter 4       : ffffb281`d1936ed0

Caused By Driver  : RTKVHD64.sys

Caused By Address : RTKVHD64.sys+48a41

File Description  : Realtek(r) High Definition Audio Function Driver

Product Name      : Realtek(r) High Definition Audio Function Driver

Company           : Realtek Semiconductor Corp.

File Version      : 6.0.1.7687 built by: WinDDK

Processor         : x64

Crash Address     : RTKVHD64.sys+48a41

Stack Address 1   :

Stack Address 2   :

Stack Address 3   :

Computer Name     :

Full Path         : C:\Windows\Minidump\080316-7609-01.dmp

Processors Count  : 8

Major Version     : 15

Minor Version     : 14393

Dump File Size    : 411 988

Dump File Time    : 2016. 08. 03. 6:40:05

==================================================

Answers

• RadeonHD
    RadeonHD Member Posts: 43 Troubleshooter

Do a fresh install of the annviersary update and it will work but there is a compatibility issue with the microphone at the moment. Mine works ok although it was a bit difficult to make the microphone work with this update.

• whanklee

Yeah but I did clean installation from annerversary update. I have received answer from Acer Support that they are working on it because drivers don't work with last Windows update.

• blackhat
    blackhat Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter

Got the same BSOD with RTKVHD64.sys when I was trying to install the Synaptics touchpad driver and switched the touchpad settings in BIOS to "Basic". Windows crashed right after logon.

Switching touchpad setting in BIOS back to "Advanced" and reverting the device (HID conform mouse) back to previous drivers (Windows) fixed it for me.

• whanklee

I checked in BIOS, however, touchpad settings shows that is "Advanced". I have nevor used BASIC. 

• tony410197
    tony410197 Member Posts: 17 New User

I have the same problem when install the driver from Acer too. If I let the windows update do it, the microphone won't work. Sigh

• whanklee

Yes, and I would like to ask from Acer Supprt that when will you update drivers? It is horrible we cannot use laptops because of you don't give a **bleep**.

• tony410197

After multiple installation and uninstallation. I finally have it works without BSOD Smiley LOL. What I did was uninstall the driver completely and restart. Then go to C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio and delete everything there. Download the driver from Acer and install it. Restart the computer. After a few minutes, the audio is configured. The odd thing is when I checked the driver version via Device Manager, it's newer than the driver downloaded from Acer (properly it was downloaded from MS). But the microphone works again. No issue so far.

I think the BSOD cause by the audio driver downloaded from Acer. This can be fixed by update the newer one with MS. But the microphone is not work with MS driver, it works with Acer driver. Maybe some of you can try installing the microphone driver from Acer (It's the folder name IntelHDASST).

• whanklee

Yesterday I searched for new driver updates in Device Manager and I also installed uptades from MS. However, I have some restarts, I thought that everything is good but today I got error again. Now, I will try your solution because I didn't uninstall Realtek driver.

• whanklee

One more question do you tell me which driver downloaded for microphone? Smiley Happy

• whanklee

Did you install it?

in.png

• tony410197

Yup, that's the one. But I did not install directly from it. I install the Acer driver version and MS automatically update my audio driver. Somehow it did not update the microphone driver. I'm not sure how to install microphone driver directly from there. I'll check it

• tony410197

Ok, I think it works this way. Go to Device Manager and select the OED one:

Untitled.png

Right click -> Update driver software...-> Browse my computer for driver software -> Open IntelHDASST -> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer select the newest one or the older one. Try it Smiley Very Happy

• whanklee

Okey, so go to Control Panel: Uninstall software: delete Realtek driver, remove folder in C:\Program Files\Realtek
    then restart, download driver from Acer (Realtek Auido), install it, restart laptop and Device Manager: seach for updates, install them. Finally, I install micro from driver folder.

Am I right? Smiley Very Happy

• tony410197

Yup pretty much what I did Smiley LOL. Hope Acer and MS fix this **bleep** problem Smiley Mad

• whanklee

I think it is not solution for our problem. I did it step by step but I have already got blue screen error at the installation. I hope to get new drivers as soon as possible.

what I did:

removed internat cable

deleted all Realtek driver (Control Panel: Uninstall software: Realtek)

deleted device in Device Manager

Restarted laptop

started to install Acer Realtek Audio driver -> Windows crashed, restart

internet online

Device Manager: search update

woah, Device Manager downloaded drivers, and have sound and microphone, too

Be happy,  Smiley Very Happy

[edited to comply with guidelines]

• tony410197

Ah, bad luck then. Try install MS driver and install microphone driver from Acer. I got BSOD during install Acer driver too. But I try many time and got one lucky Smiley LOL

• whanklee

LOL. Yes, I said it is not good. Smiley Very Happy I also tried many times. Tomorrow I will call Acer Support that they say something.

• whanklee

Yesterday I have an conversation with hungarian Acer Support. I asked  them that when will they update drivers on acer.com but they couldn't tell me. They just told me to downgrade to Windows 10 1511 build from 1607 (many problems with Anniversary Update they think).

• blackhat
    blackhat Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    Now I got that BSOD every boot 5-10 seconds after Windows started. I followed your instructions and deleted the Realtek Audio Device from the Device Manager, rebooted and let Windows install the device on its own. Windows installed the recommended driver from the Acer support site. So far everything seems fine. Haven't had the BSOD again since then. This Windows update really gets on my nerves. Never had such aftermath before.
  • whanklee

but you also dont have microphone. Smiley Sad