VN7-592G - Thunderbolt 3 update problem

Krain11
Krain11 Member Posts: 9 New User

Hi,

This is regarding the latest thunderbolt update just released recently. 15th Aug. 2016 i think...

the first pack of the update installed succesfully. However,when installing the 2nd pack, an error message tells me to install the 1st pack. I'm using the Acer Care app in my PC for installing updates. Now, the second update pack for thunderbolt still appears in my Acer Care app, waiting to be installed.

My Laptop is VN7 592G, running windows 10 64bit.

Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Bobby

Answers

• portboy
    portboy Member Posts: 15 New User

Hi,

same error here.

I just restart the machine and the installation work fine. But the upgrade itself (2nd part) takes some minutes.

br

portboy

• Krain11

How did you install you updates??

I tried restarting my laptop. Problem still persist. I'm trying to reinstall the first update but can't find it. Any links?

• portboy

I did it with the acer care center.

Before I did the restart I got the massage (Please update Part 1 first).

portpoy

• dowst
    dowst Member Posts: 30 Troubleshooter

Same problem with a VN7 792G. First part seams to run correctly. Then when I run the second part again from inside the ACC it displays a dialog asking to downlaod and install Fixpack Part 1, then shows a failed status. If I look at update history it says that part 1 has been installed.

Do all of these machine have a Thuberbolt contoller? or are some manufactored without them?

Have checked on local Acer website (Austalia) and they say Thunderbolt3 Yes

• Krain11

I'm still having the same problem... Restarted several times... Nothing seems to work... I downloaded the updated manually in Acer Website. I ran the installer, but it keeps on telling me that Controller cannot be found.... 

Please advise.

• portboy

In Germany only the Black Edition has Thunderbolt.

• dowst
    dowst Member Posts: 30 Troubleshooter

Thanks for that information.

There are so many sub versions that the advertising becomes not false but misleading, with even Acer not knowing what is in which model. Thus the ACC offers an update that is not releavent too a particular model.

I did think that the model I had was Thunderbolt equiped. Got it wrong!

• Krain11

I have an Acer Nitro V15 Black edition. There's a Thunderbolt3 logo sticker on it too.

• Mira912
    Mira912 Member Posts: 1 New User

What is the solution????

pls help

• Krain11

Unfortunately, i don't think there is a solution. 

• phoovestol
    phoovestol Member Posts: 2 New User

Did you ever find a solution to the second part thunderbolt update not working? I'm experiencing the same problem, I just purchased by nitro v17 pro black edition.

• sicily428
    sicily428 Member Posts: 3 New User

here a vn7-592g+akitio node+gtx1060 works

https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/10823-acer-nitro-v17-nitro-black-hq-akitio-node-tb3/#comment-156826

is it for new drivers/firmware?

did you test this model with an egpu? razer core? asus xg station 2? do you know what is tb3 controller name of this model?