VN7-592G Sound driver stopped working

sixt9stang
sixt9stang Member Posts: 5 New User

Might have been a recent windows update for the Intel Smart Sound Technology (Intel SST) Audio Controller or something else but the device will not start.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling.  I have also tried reinstalling the Realtek Audio driver from the Acer site; that driver makes it bluescreen.  The driver is INTCAudioBus.sys.  The version that bluescreens is 8.20.0.580.  I have tried installing the latest Graphic drivers that might include sound drivers from intel and have also tried the newest drivers from Realtek. 

All other drivers just state that the device cannot start Code 10.  STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE.

Also I am running Windows 10 Pro Version 1511 Build 10586.104.

Answers

• sixt9stang

Finally took the laptop apart again and reseated the cable going to the headphone jack.  That seems to have fixed the issue and all sound works again.  I must have not seated it properly when I took everything apart to install memory.  Such a stupid design.

• sixt9stang

So, sound was back for a bit and now broke again.  Installed the Intel VGA drivers from the Acer site and rebooted.  Sound is back but we will see for how long.  Suspect the Intel Graphics chip is overheating or something.