VN7-592G Restarts when on Battery

pat775
pat775 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

My brand new Aspire V 15 Nitro continuously restarts when not connected to power. The battery is fully charged, but still it restarts, stays on for about 30 seconds and then restarts again (and again). I have the newest BIOS version, and have updated most of the other drivers as well.

Any ideas on how to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated, as I spent a lot of money on this laptop and I will need the battery for school.

Thanks

Answers

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

HI,

Please use HW monitor and check the current capacity of the battery and the wear level. If you have extremely high wear level this can be the issue.

Also did you update the AMT driver from intel?

AMTIntelIntel AMT Driver11.0.0.116663.0 MB2016/04/08Download
  • pat775
    pat775 Member Posts: 2 New User

I have updated that driver, and can confirm that the battery condition is fine, but the problem still persists.

• oeverloos
    oeverloos Member Posts: 2 New User

I have exactly the same problem, brand new V15 nitro, works fine while on power but when on battery I experience regular restarts.

Battery is allright (as expected for a new laptop) and I have the latest drivers.

• gorazul
    gorazul Member Posts: 2 New User

I have exactly the same problem , buy mine at the end 2015 year for christmas.Model VN7-592G-5306 buy in France.

What we should make that it work Man Mad

• ajiSLtech
    ajiSLtech Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

Same issue but still not solution for this?Acer will not response for this?

Thanks

• tom_R2E3
    tom_R2E3 Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter

There was a big discussion about this on this forum called "Acer Nitro VN7-592G-747C randomly reboots when on battery" but the thread seems to have been removed so I’m posting here instead: 

I suffered with this problem for a year (VN7-592G) it was basically unusable on battery power.  recently I installed Debian alongside windows 10 and noticed that when booted in Linux, the laptop behaved properly.  I could use it from 100% battery to 0 without it restarting.  This encouraged me to format and reinstall windows 10 (nothing to lose at this point).  Surprisingly, with the new windows installation I no longer have this problem (so far anyway).  I’ve used the laptop on battery from 100% to 0 maybe six times now with no random restarts. 

In addition, some other power related behaviours have changed.  I use an external monitor through USB-C and it requires power from a second USB port.  Before now, this never worked when using battery power, but did when using mains power (despite having “power off USB charging” enabled).  With the new windows installation I can use my external monitor on battery power.

One other thing to note: I rolled back the Bios to the earliest version (1.03) before doing all of this.  I haven’t updated it again because if the problem returns I can’t be bothered reinstalling windows and all my programs again.

Hope this helps someone. My advice would be – try running Linux (or windows) from a USB stick for a while and see if the problem persists.  If not, format and reinstall.

• PasinduLakshan
    PasinduLakshan Member Posts: 2 New User
    I got the same laptop and same problem here. I sent my laptop to repair to company 4 times but every time they said, we changed your battery and now its okay, we changed your motherboard and now its okay and again said there's no problem here and those lies. If you have a better solution please let me know. After all of these now I'm using my laptop like a desktop machine plugged in every time. I suggest don't buy this laptop there's a manufacture fault here that the company also doesn't know.
    Thank you
    Acer Aspire VN7-592G user
  • Magnot
    Magnot Member Posts: 1 New User