VN7-591G super blurry antialiasing

Options
kamoore
kamoore Member Posts: 2 New User

This has been an ongoing issue, but it's much more prevalent since I upgraded to windows 10.

As shown in the included picture, the issue is way-overblurred text and vector objects all over the windows UI. All scaling settings are defaulted to 100%, the graphics drivers are up to date from the acer site.

The problem manifests as blurry text or icons in apps like Cortana, the Edge browser, Netflix tiles, start menu tile icons, the on-screen keyboard text, etc. Browsing with Edge is basically unusable because all text is so badly blurred.

The problem seems intermittent, like if I roll the mouse over blurry text in Edge or Cortana, or click blurry links, the text will momentarily become sharp, only to blur again as I scroll around. The problem is evident on the built-in 1080p display (at native resolution) as well as an external 1080p diplay I've hooked up over HDMI. I've tried reinstalling the graphics drivers multiple times, resetting all the options to default, etc. Nothing seems to fix or even help it.

Please advise. Thank you

antialiasing_gone_wrong.jpg

Answers

• oparik
    oparik Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi, I have been experiencing the same issue after upgrading to W10 and today I probably found a fix:

Several suggestions can be found in this discussion: http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/62528-SOLVED-Windows-10-higher-DPI-Win8DpiScaling-problem

Or you can just try this app: http://windows10_dpi_blurry_fix.xpexplorer.com/

Hope this helps.

• oparik
    oparik Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Sorry, double post. OSmiley Happy

• kamoore
    kamoore Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thank you, I did read this, but this DPI scaling is not the issue. The text (and vector images) in question are showing up sharp and correct initially, then becoming blurry as I watch. Also there are issues with the start menu tile color and other text color issues within modern apps. It really seems to be an issue with the graphics drivers/infrastructure, but clean installing the drivers for both Intel and NVidia chipsets doesn't seem to have fixed the problem...