VN7-591G Built in SD card reader and camera doesn't work after Win 10 upgrade

Options
BiMa
BiMa Member Posts: 4 New User

Built in SD card reader and camera doesn't work after Windows 10 upgrade. I've installed all driver uppdates recomended by the Acer Care Center.

I would really need some help with the SD card reader!

Answers

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Does the acer care center recommends the drivers which are on the webpage at the drivers page?

http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Just input your model and you will find the card reader drivers.

CardReaderRealtekCard Reader Driver6.3.9600.3121312.3 MB2015/09/08Download

I have these drivers for the same notebook on windows 10 and it works well so far. I never had any issues with it.

• BiMa
    Options

Yes, thats the driver i have already.

• sharky25k
    Options

Hi,

I would like to know something about your system. When you put in a card the system does recognize it at all?

Also in the device manager, could you tell me if in the Universal Serial Bus Controllers  you have there Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader?

If yes, please could you provide me the driver version which is shown there? Isn't there some exclamation mark on it or it is disabled by mistake?

Also do you have the latest intel cipset drivers installed?

Since neither your camera and card reader is not working I think it has to do something with the cipset drivers, and USB drivers because both of them are normally connected via USB

• BiMa
    Options

It doesn't recognize the card at all and the Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader cant be found under Universal Serial Bus Controllers.

I have the latest chipset drivers from 4/20/2016
  • sharky25k
    Options

Hi,

Did you open the notebook? I can assume that this could be the situation and you forgot to connect the card reader and the camera ribbon cables. Because it looks like they are not connected at all since you don't see them in device manager.

Otherwise I am thinking that is could be some hardware related issue.