V7-582P - migration to SSD and resulting issues

Options
noclaf
noclaf Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi,

I'm bought V7-582P with 500GB SSHD and wanted to migrate to 500GB SSD (Crucial BX 100).

I used Macrium Reflect Free, however the SSD is little bit smaller, so I :

1) cloned 1st, 2nd and 4th partition (smaller, I guess system and recovery) without any change

2) made 3rd partition (Acer CSmiley Happy smaller to fit into the disk (I kept order of the partitions!)

3) there was ~3.7GB of free space on the SSHD, I did not "replicate" this on the SSD, so the SSD is fully utilized

-> result is : 1st,2nd,4th partition no change vs SSHD, 3rd partition size modified to fill rest of the SSD capacity

But the result was not 100% ok and it went only worse :

1) 1st boot BSOD

2) 2nd boot OK

3) however when the laptop is put into sleep mode (hibernation is turned off), it does not lit the display, so i have to turn off

4) so I tried the alt-F10 trick to restore Windows. No luck, there was a blink of screen, but there was no menu and normal boot occured right after the blink

5) hmmm...I tried "reset to factory" directly from windows (and f**ked it up completely :-D ) - reset stopped at ~47% with error message (general, nothing specific). After that when I boot up it is "preparing windows" in endless loop. The computer can be turned off, but the same happens on next boot.

So, basically, my question is - how to succesfully move the system to SSD?

Answers

• noclaf
    noclaf Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

No advices? No tutorial how to correctly migrate the OS?

I'm even happy with having blank new Win 10 installation, I just need the laptop to work correctly. However there is no medium provided with the laptop, no key on the Win sticker and Win-10 is not working. :-(

I gave it another try - this time I kept also the 3,74GB of free space at the end of SSD partition. Still the same behaviour.

To explain the sleep mode issue slightly better - laptop is going to sleep mode correctly, but after waking it up the screen remains black (but it does correctly react to power off button).