V5-573G plugged in not charging

Options
Mustarinho
Mustarinho Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

My laptop is like 2 years old. One time, I removed the AC while charging it, the laptop shut down immediatly and won't boot unless I plug the AC.

While it's plugged in, it shows (Plugged in, Not charging, and stuck at 85%) 

Here's my readings at HWMonitor app: 

I suppose it's good, IDK 

Capture.PNG

I tried hard and soft reset, uninstalling the battery drivers but nothing seems to work. 

Answers

• flaviogalon
    flaviogalon Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have the exact same problem with my V5-573G. 

Not a single position by Acer on the subject? Really????

• lbstefano
    lbstefano Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I have the same problem, after i changed the hdd with ssd. I tried to clean the microswitch sw6. Windows says that battery is available but not in charge. Anyone with a solutions?
  • gr_reaper_20
    gr_reaper_20 Member Posts: 111 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    Does your laptop work if you unplug the charger?
    Hope that helped you.
  • ERIKASHEENADELACRUZ
    ERIKASHEENADELACRUZ Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Same issue here. I cannot use it when I unplug the charger. 
  • Emmanuelmens
    Emmanuelmens Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Options
    I have the same issue with my Acer Nitro 5. My battery is stuck at 95%. It is now like a Plug and Play laptop.
    Any help????
  • Emmanuelmens
    Emmanuelmens Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Options
    My problem just got fixed. I don't really know how but i think my Norton anti virus did it for me. I was just using my laptop then i received a pop up that i need to restart my computer. I did it and when the laptop was rebooting, it ran a scan. I signed in to my windows and the Charging problem was not there anymore
  • didadou98
    didadou98 Member Posts: 20 Troubleshooter
    Options
    That can't be just the anti-virus messing with the battery... That's so dumb hahaha
    Windows Health Service says everything is fine for me, while I can only charge it to 9% (which means that I can't even update the BIOS, since I gotta have at least 30% in...), and whenever I unplug the pc (acer aspire V5-573g), it just stops working. The exterior battery indicator doesn't blink, or anything, and it never got blue. I tried to reset the battery with the Pin-thingy, didn't work neither. And I pressed the "on" button 30 sec as well, to check... Well... Nothing. But still works plugged I guess...
    PLS HALP
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    didadou98 said:
    That can't be just the anti-virus messing with the battery... That's so dumb hahaha
    Windows Health Service says everything is fine for me, while I can only charge it to 9% (which means that I can't even update the BIOS, since I gotta have at least 30% in...), and whenever I unplug the pc (acer aspire V5-573g), it just stops working. The exterior battery indicator doesn't blink, or anything, and it never got blue. I tried to reset the battery with the Pin-thingy, didn't work neither. And I pressed the "on" button 30 sec as well, to check... Well... Nothing. But still works plugged I guess...
    PLS HALP
    I'm sure people would be more willing to help you if you don't call people DUMB

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★