V5-572P black screen bios and USB update questions and blinking USB stick

Options
Davedz
Davedz Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

New guy on forum looking for smart people!

I'm trying to ressurect a V5-572P laptop with Win8 that was my son's.  He hadn't used it for quite some time now boot just comes up black screen, fan running, typical bios issue.

I downloaded and extracted the 2.10 bios from support and pulled the files from USER/Local/Temp/dir.tmp as 7zip would not get my *.FD file.

So I have:

Ding.wav

FlsHook.exe

FlsHookDll.dll

FWUpdLcl.exe

InsydeFlash.exe

iscflash.dll

iscflash.sys

iscflashx64.sys

platform.ini

xerces-c_2_7.dll

ZQK_R.fd

I formatted a USB for FAT32 and tried multiple configurations on the USB.

Evrey time I tried to boot, I would shutdown, insert USB (tried all 3 ports), FN+Esc, then power.

With all files on USB, the boot would occur, then the USB would seem to be flashing a code 16 (one long then 6 short), and continue to do this until i reset power.  I let it run for 5-10 minutes every time.

With only the FD file on the USB, the flash would change to a code 12 (one long and 2 short).

I've also pulled the main battery and bios battery for a bit to remove any static charge.  And tried the same boot sequences with the main battery disconnected.  Thru all USB boot attempts, the screen remains black and the 'light bulb' LED blinks.  When I boot 'normal' the LED stays on.  Fan runs all the time.

I also tried the HDMI output and nothing.

I searched the forum but could not find any USB blinking codes tied to bios updates.

Suggestions welcome!

Thanks!

Dave

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew
    Options

Unfortunately Acer is unable to assist with restoring the system in this manner. Our support is limited to using recovery media to restore the system to factory configurations. If you did not create the recovery media for this product, you can check for availability from the Acer online store at https://store.acer.com/en-us/extended/recovery/

As long as there are no hardware problems with the system, recovery media should restore it back to factory settings, as it was out of the box.