V5 571p crashed and recovery drive has gone bad

Options
ninophysics
ninophysics Member Posts: 1 New User

My V5 571P crashed and I ironically tried to make a recovery drive the week prior, but the usb flash drive didn't create the recovery drive correctly. Do I have to buy a new OS? Is it allowable for someone with the same PC to send me a copy of the recovery media? What are my options?  I think I need to buy a new HDD, and if I have to buy a new OS, I mind as well just by a new PC at that point. 

Answers

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

You could buy the erecovery media from your Acer store. It is not expensive.

Recovery Media

France
  • wallijonn
    wallijonn Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options

You could buy a new HD and look at Youtube to see how to install the drive. If you do not have a License sticker on the PC then you may need to buy Recovery discs or a store bought non-upgrade (Full, OEM) Windows 8, or Windows 8.1 disc. (Since I found it impossible to use the Recovery Discs to restore the system, I suggest a new HD and full Windows 8 or 8.1 dic. Cost will be about $150. If you do have a sticker on the bottom of the computer than you may be able to install the same OS (8.0 or 8.1) sp long as it is the same type (Home or Professional).

The time to buy a new PC is when it costs more than ~$250 to repair it, for instance when the HD, DVD and battery go bad or the LCD screen, battery and HD go bad. Then you buy a PC with a minimum of an I5 (I3=~$300, I5=~$500, I&=~$700).