V5-571p 8.1 touch. I can't seem to connect my BT speakers. It says they are paired and working.

Options
gkf
gkf Member Posts: 9 New User

I got new BT wireless speakers for my laptop but can't get them working. I have tried reloading drivers but that didn't help. When I go to the Device Manager it says they are installed and working but they don't show up as an option to select for speakers. Hope you can help.

Jerry

Best Answer

• gkf
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have the problem resolved. I deleted the BT speakers in device manager and the went to Add New device. It found the speakers and this time connected them and run fine. Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

JERRY

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

have you right click on speaker icon, select playback devices and check there if BT speakers are available?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • gkf
    Options

I have but there are no Bt speakers listed.

• gkf
    Options

Thanks for your reply. Perhaps I should explain what I have done to date. I went to the acer support site and updated drivers. I went into setting/ BT devices and paired the speakers successfully. I then went to the control panel/ device manager and found the speakers under BT devices and it says they are working properly. When I go under sound/speakers they don't show up there as an option to select.

• IronFly
    Options

have you right clicked on the balnk space of playback devices and selected Show hidden and disconnected devices?

• gkf
    Options

I have 2 options, Show disabled and Show disconnected. Both boxes are checked.

• IronFly
    Options

on control panel, do you have any BT software or control panel?

please check if media streaming or audio streaming is enabled.

• gkf
    Options

Good Morning.

Audio streaming is turned on. I have Qualcomm Atheros BT Suite installed in 2012 and Qualcomm Atheros WLAN and BT Client Installer Program which I just installed a week or so ago. I was surprised to see that it was  just the intaller and not the actual program. Should I go back and install this program?

• gkf
    Options

While looking for a fix I came accross a post which indicated that I needed this WLAN and BT suite. That is why I was loading it.

• gkf
    Options

Doing more checks I came accoss this in the device manager under Universal Serial Bus Controllers/ Bluetooth Hard Copy Cable Replacement Server. It's flagged with the error message "windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (code 39) When I update the driver windows says, "windows has determined that the driver is up to date. Any suggestions?

• IronFly
    Options

right click on it and select uninstall, then reboot and check it again.

• gkf
    Options

That resolved that issue but had no effect on the BT speakers issue. In Device Manager it shows my BT speakers as installed and working properly but if I go to Sound in Device manager they're not there. If I right click on the speaker icon I only have the computer speakers as an option. I'm baffled.

• IronFly
    Options

Try to unpair and pair it again.

Can you please post the speakers brand and model?

• gkf
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have the problem resolved. I deleted the BT speakers in device manager and the went to Add New device. It found the speakers and this time connected them and run fine. Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

JERRY

• IronFly
    Options

You welcome. Smiley Happy