V5-571P touch screen issues.

Jana1
Jana1 Member Posts: 2 New User

My left hinge malfunctrioned and cracked the screen on the V5-571P-6657 notebook. I took it to a shop to be repaired. They replaced the screen digitizer. The touch screen is now jumping all around and there are bubbles on the screen. The shop told me there is nothing that can be done and I have to disable the touch screen. They said the problem is with a driver that can't be updated because the company was sold. This doesn't seem right. The touch screen was working perfectly well until the hinge malfunction cracked the screen. I have spent a fortune to get it repaired and now they tell me I can't have a touch screen. Can anyone give me some advice? I don't know if the problem is with the digitizer board, but know one sells these anymore

Answers

• Jana1
    Jana1 Member Posts: 2 New User

I thought I would add some more information about my nonworking touch screen. I upgraded to windows 10 about 7 or 8 months ago and had no problems at all. Everything worked fine. I suggested to the repair shop that we go back to windows 8.1 if it was a driver issue as they say it was. They weren't willing to reinstall windows 8.1. I finally convinced them that maybe the digitizer screen that they installed might be bad. They ordered another one from the same company they got the first from. Could it be that the screen is not compatible? They say it is the same numbers as was on my original screen. Any suggestions? They have had my laptop for almost 2 weeks.