V5-571 fan always running loud

Options
alex_ncfc
alex_ncfc Member Posts: 35 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited November 2017 in Nitro Gaming

I have the Acer Aspire V5-571 (silver, slim notebook) and nowadays, I have noticed that I can always hear the fan running. The temperature is sat at 49-50 degrees at the moment, even though I am not doing much. If I close all of my programs and leave Windows just at idle, I can still hear the fan running. It sometimes will quieten down after a while, but in general, if I have programs open and I am using them, the fan will always be running, quite loud too.

I'm wondering if the fan is clogged up. I looked at a disassembly video online to see if I could go about easily cleaning the fan myself. However, after I watched the video, I decided that this was a step too far, as I remember dismantling my Aspire 7520 and the headache that caused (screws everywhere, and multiple things to remove before even getting to the fan!)

So is there a reason my fan is always running now? And what's the best way to go about quieting it down?

Thanks

Answers

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

Have you tried to load default settings in the bios utility and save & exit?

France
  • kochonnes
    kochonnes Member Posts: 11 New User
    Options

Hey guys, I bought the V17 Nitro and also encountered heating problems but only while heavy gaming . I found a way of dealing with this problem. Under advanced energy settings change the values from 100% to 99% .This will disable turbo boost which causes the main issue with heating. Acer forum.png

Next I installed this software to control the fan speed :NoteBook Fan Control.

I created my own config file which I will upload for you : https://mega.nz/#!604FgRxB!pPIwGZraOCeOmwYu8hqBMzKnFHLjyxks6I6Eh65MJL8 .

Keep in mind that you can actually harm your laptop with wrong settings so IM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED BY THIS PROGRAM. I TESTED IT AND IT HELPED WITH MY HEATING ISSUE. FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS PROGRAM FOLLOW THIS LINK:

http://www.computerbase.de/forum/showthread.php?t=1070494 .

If you need help with setting up your own config file for your needs , try to search on forums but I will also try to help if possible. Again : IM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED BY THIS PROGRAM. I TESTED IT AND IT HELPED WITH MY HEATING ISSUE.

If this helps solving your heating issues , please let me know.

• wallijonn
    wallijonn Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options

You probably have a dirty CPU fan. You can blow it out by reversing the suction hose on a vauum cleaner and putting the hose over the CPU intake and exhaust ports. Obviously the computer should be turned off.

• alex_ncfc
    alex_ncfc Member Posts: 35 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options

Thanks for the replies.

I haven't tried resetting BIOS settings to defaults as I can't see this effecting anything as I've never changed anything in the BIOS on this machine (the BIOS options are extremely limited)

Apologies if sounding stupid but how do I go about reversing the suction hose on my vacuum cleaner? This would be a better solution to cleaning than the others I've seen online - dismantling the entire laptop just to gain access to the fan! It's ridiculous that despite it being the number one reason laptops fail (heat and clogged up fans), they make it so inaccessable to the user to clean it.

• Denris
    Denris Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I have the acer r5-471t and have the same issue...I think I have found the solution, although it will probably void laptop warranty.
    I took the cooler off the cpu and removed the thermal paste.  I then put on high quality paste...so far the fan has been coming 
    on some, but when it does you can barely hear unless you are listening for it! A big difference! Apparently manufacturers thermal paste
    is not very good quality at all!
  • CallofDugi
    CallofDugi Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
    Hi there! My laptop Acer Aspire V5-571PG also has the fan problem. I wanted to use the Nbfc Notebook Fan Control but there is no config xml in the software for my laptop. Could you get the xml from Acer? Kind regards