V5-131-2497 Wi-fi problems

Options
Captain-Fishy
Captain-Fishy Member Posts: 1 New User

My new V5-131-2497  is a nightmare I have had it less than a week and wifi connection keeps dropping out, I have another make laptop in the house which does not experience the same problem. So I have concluded it is my Acer not the router which is the problem.

Having checked these forums I note that this issue seems quite common on various models.

I have gone into Device Manager and checked to see if I can update the wireless adapter driver but it tells me I have the best available.

I have disabled Bluetooth

However the only way I can maintain any wifi connectivity is by sitting next to the router - this is not a solution!

I am currently living is the USA but fly back to UK next week and if I have to return this laptop I need to do it quickly

I would appreciate any helpful advise

thanks

The Cap'n

<')(((><

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Can be an antenna problem, i would take it to the shop or contact Acer support service.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • bsc249
    bsc249 Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

What up Capt.

Return this ASAP!  I have the same problem with my wife's V5 and have been doing extensive research these past few days as she is about to kill me...  My Lenovo ideapad works flawlessly ANYWHERE in our house while she drops out even when sitting in the same room as the router.  When I connect the 300mbps wireless usb adapter from my pc to the Aspire V5, I have no problems...

Do Not Waste Your Time trying solutions that involve you restting routers, disconnecting antennae(s), updating bios, adjusting power settings... whatever.  They are all a waste of your time.

The problem is the crappy cheap Qualcomm Atheros card. Period!  

The only time I have seen people truly happy with a solution in the various forums I have read, is when they have replaced the network card.

I am now out of warranty so I am stuck but if you have a chance to return this, Do It.