V3-772G with 3 drives

Options
JLMC
JLMC Member Posts: 2 New User

Does a V3-772G-747a support 2 HDD drives plus an mSATA at the same time, or 1 HDD, 1 SSD and 1 mSATA at the same time?  I keep reading conflicting information on the internet, some saying yes, some saying no.  I know the bays are there for 2 HDD/SSD drives plus one for mSATA.  I just don't know if the machine, the BIOS, and the OS will support all 3 being used at the same time.  My BIOS version is V1.13, 10/11/2013.  And, the OS is Windows 8.1.  Exact Acer Aspire model is V3-772G-747aG1TMakk.  I currently have a Plextor 256Gb SSD in the the mSATA slot. It serves as the C: drive for boot, Win 8.1 OS, recovery, etc.  In the 1st SATA drive bay is the Acer original drive, 1TB Samsung ST1000LM024 drive.  I long ago "repurposed" that drive for file storage only, partitioned into two volumes, D: and G:, of around 465Gb each.  I need more storage now and was wanting to know if I can now add a HDD or SSD to the other SATA bay and end up with all 3 drives working at the same time.  Anyone know the answer?  If you need more info about my current config, just let me know.