V3-772G - Qualcomm Bluetooth Atheros Driver went missing/non compatible after win 10 update.

Loghomery
Loghomery Member Posts: 6 New User

Qualcomm Bluetooth Atheros Driver went missing after win 10 update. Bluetooth devices cannot connect. Unable to find win 10 driver, is there an updated version available? Where to search for? Or is it better to roll back to win 8.1 :-(

Best Answer

• Loghomery
    Answer ✓

Just realized, that the Atheros driver not needed by bluetooth to operate. I had to repair my bluetooth devices and they are working fine.

Answers

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi,

I see that on Acer web page there is no driver for windows 10 for your bluetooth or wireless card.

Did you try to uninstall the driver from device manager and when you uninstall it check the option delete the driver software for this device? And after this try to run windows update to see if it will find the drivers needed.

Also, since I don't really know your notebook, are you sure that the bluetooth is enabled? I mean on many notebooks there is a key combination which can enable/disable bluetooth or wireless. Make sure that the bluetooth is enabled, otherwise the windows has no idea that it has a bluetooth adapter.

• Loghomery

Yes there is no driver on Acer web page, win update did not find a driver, but I did not deleted the old one before running it. Will try to do as you suggested.

• Loghomery
    Answer ✓

Just realized, that the Atheros driver not needed by bluetooth to operate. I had to repair my bluetooth devices and they are working fine.