V3-575T HDMI socket unreasonably loose

Options
TyCore
TyCore Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello, I bought an Acer laptop from Costco, the 575t-71U5 model.

First off, I like it very much.

Good screen, lighter than the one it's replaced, good enough specs.

Only problem is that the HDMI socket is so loose, I lose connection at the slightest provocation. I keep a split display normally, extended to my television.

I have 4 different HDMI cords, and they move around freely inside the port. If the cord is moved or the laptop is nudged, bumped, or moved in any way I lose connection.

If the cord movement, or laptop bump or nudge causes connection loss for too long, my computer kicks out of extended display mode and back to duplicate display, forcing me to change display settings again.

This laptop replaced an HP Pavilion 6033-cl I bought in late 2010, it took that laptop over 4 years to start losing signal in a similar fashion that this one does right out of the box.

Is there a workaround here, did I get a defective unit, or am I going to have to return this item?

Wondering if anyone else is having the same problem. I like the laptop very much, and would like to find a solution before I return it.

Thank you for your time.

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

If you the port seems to be loose and you have tried other cables, my best suggestion would be look into having the system repaired or to check with the reseller you bought it from to see what options they have for you.