V3-575G-57CN 'your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart" error loop

Options
abelro
abelro Member Posts: 4 New User

To start I am very disappointed with this laptop. As a hobby I have been building and working with PCs since the 1990s ...I know my way from the inside out and this V3-575G laptop series has me upset.

I bought a V3-575G from Microcenter for a gift to my daughter in college. The thing  locked into a loop with the " your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart"  on the second day it got turned on. I did a factory install reset on it and the loop continued. I then exchanged the "faulty" laptop at the retailer.

The second V3-575G worked for a little over a week and now has also locked into the loop. I read a forum post that suggested the issue was with the Hibernation modes and not to let it do so. I changed the power settings to the sleep/hibernating modes it seemed to have worked. Nope. It came back. Once the error came up I did a restore to Dec 28th 2015....erasing everything installed since then. The error now happens seconds after arriving at the desktop.

Tonight I will reset the pc to factory and return the thing. I have bought laptops from other manufacturers, built plenty of custom PCs and have never experienced this issue. Microsoft thinks it's system corruption but a factory reset has NOT fixed the issue. Bad hardware somewhere?

Just venting. I will never buy an Acer product again.

Sorry.

Answers

• abelro
    Options

Thanks. I will try the BIOS update BUT the readme says to do so from the Windows environment and the laptop is not stable beyond a minute from getting to the desktop before crashing,

Can it be done from safe mode IF I get there?

Thanks you for the suggestion. I wouldnt have thought a brand new laptop would need a BIOS update from the factory on day one.  Smiley Sad

Smiley Happy

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

i don't know if it can work on safe mode, worth a try in my opinion.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • abelro
    Options

After an F12 attempt to repair the system it came back to a more stable desktop and I was able to update the BIOS from within Windows 10.

Thank you IronFly. Will see if the laptop is now stable and I will report back either way, Smiley Happy

Never give up Never surrender Smiley Happy

A

• IronFly
    Options

You welcome. Smiley Happy

• abelro
    Options

Sorry but I returned the laptop and exchanged it for a different brand.The BIOS update did NOT stabilize the computer and with less than a week before my daughter returns to college I couldn't afford any more time spent. Even after multiple software driver patches. Smiley Sad

Thanks for your suggestions but there has to be a weird hardware/Windows 10 deployment with this series of Aspire laptops for 2 of them to exhibit the same system corruption. Just days after starup.

Again thank you for the suggestion.

Over and out.

A.

• IronFly
    Options

You welcome. Smiley Happy