V3-551 Boot failed after windows install

Options
yev28
yev28 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello,

I was in the process of cleaning up an Aspire V3 551 and ran into many issues such as missing windows components and troublesome behaviour. For example it was missing Windows Updates and when I tried to upgrade to Windows 10 it would say that it could now retrieve the product key. For this reason I decided it would be better to just install a fresh copy of windows and given that Windows 10 has an improved recovery feature I decided I did not need the Acer recovery partitions or anything else for that reason. So thats when I decided to install Windows 10 off a bootable USB.

I have installed Windows many times on laptops and desktops (XP to Win10) and never had boot related issues I could not fix. So I restarted the computer with the USB inserted and it seem to fail (Msg: "Boot Failed") so I decided that it was just being picky and taken the harddrive to a spare computer I have and installed Windows 10 off the USB with no problem, whipping the drive clean in the process. Windows was working and I decided to put that harddrive back in the laptop. This is when it first did not recognize any bootable devices, so I switched the laptop from UEFI to Legacy. Now it recognizes every device attached but when I try to run any device it just says "[Device name].. :Boot Failed"

Is there anything I am missing? PS No hardware seems to be faulty.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yev