V15 nitro 592g - first run battery question

Options
Rockeraocao
Rockeraocao Member Posts: 10 New User
Hi, i have just purchased v15 nitro 592g. After first start with the ac plugged in, i have noticed that the battery is not charging. It said 0% battery, charging. But it didnt charge for around 30 minutes. After restart it was the same, but few minutes later it started charging and now it is still charging. I was just wondering if this is normal, or it should be an issue and i should send it back and receive another piece.

Answers

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi,

Does your battery work normally now?

You can try to use HW monitor (http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html ) to check the battery status. It will tell you the designed capacity, actual capacity and the charge level. Since your notebook is new it the designed capacity and actual capacity should be close (wear level around 1-2% max). It is not quite normal the situation which you described.

• Rockeraocao
    Rockeraocao Member Posts: 10 New User
    Options

Hi, yes, since it started charging its working without any issue. I have tried several times running on battery to almost 0%, then charge to 100%, its working fine. Also the battery life is fine, i lasted around 4 hours with internet browsing and youtube videos. Notebook was probably quite long in the warehouse, as its mfr date is nov 15. Battery probably needed a while to start working.