V15 Nitro not waking up after putting it to sleep

Options
shaleelo
shaleelo Member Posts: 2 New User

My V15 Nitro is a fairly new laptop, only over a month old and I've been getting problems with the battery.  A couple of weeks ago, one morning it didn't wake up after putting it to sleep and I had to press the reset button the back of the laptop as nothing else I did or could find would help the issue.

It happened again yesterday, and I reset it again, and now this morning.

So what happened was that when I tried to wake the laptop up by lift the screen/lid, the battery light would flash as if it was depleted and just not respond to my attempts to "wake" it up.  I had to force it to turn off and turn on again for it to respond, and then it would indicate that the battery is actually full. After searching the net for a solution I found that I had to reset the battery by pushed the button on the underside of the laptop.

I did this each time, and looked at the batterry settings and the battery levels and they are definitely not depleted so why does it think it is and refusing to wake up when I lift the lid after its put to sleep?  I've never had this problem with other laptops before.  Please help, also is having to reset the battery like that not good for the laptop?

Answers

• frankbbqq
    frankbbqq Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

My V15 is having a similar problem. I leave the lid up and it will not come back on when I hit the power button. Sometimes I get a "microsoft error saying that the unit has ran into a problem and needs to restart" before the lockup. The key board stays lighted, but the unit will not turn back on. I unplug the unit and let the battery run down, plug it back in and it starts up where it was when I stopped using it. It is kinda like it doesn't complete the sleep process. This is the second unit with the same problem. I don't see a reset button.