V15 Nitro Black Edition

Options
BexBex84
BexBex84 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello,

i just purchase Acer V15 Nitro-Black Edition
(VN7-591G). I like to ask about how to maximum the fan speed for both of them? Some how not more then 20 min this laptop get heat-up so high as i can feel from the keyboard, and i notice that the fan are slow no changes when get heat-up..pls update me ASAP.

Thanx 

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options

bexbex84,

Check your BIOS version.  It seems like someone said they updated the BIOS and it improved cooling (changed the default fan speeds).

To check your BIOS version:

1. Right click on windows start button

2. left click on run

3. type msinfo32

4. click ok

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • BexBex84
    BexBex84 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hello Bro,

1st of all,thanx for the reply...i already checked my bios versiom (V1.15). Below are a screen shot.

V15-Nitro Info.png

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options

Ok.  Sounds like you have the latest BIOS.  

I don't have any other suggestions.  It will just throttle back if it gets too warm.  Personally, I would be ok with it as I don't like noisy laptops with fans running hard.

Maybe you need a laptop cooling pad?

http://www.newegg.com/Laptop-Cooling-Pads/SubCategory/ID-319

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • pjenoy
    pjenoy Member Posts: 42 New User
    Options

Try to elevate your laptop, don't cover the ventilation vents and the exhaust vents. And if you are using it via taxing programs there will be overheating issue's, it is mainly due to to the inproper appication of thermal paste inside, what i will suggest for you is that you bring it to an authorized service center and buy your own thermal compound not the stock ones, let them reapply the said clean up of the cpu and gpu so that you will be able to preserve your warranty, and also reapply the thermal compounds in the cpu and gpu, it usually fixes the overheating issue, and when you are even gaming you don't need a cooling pad.