Uncontrollable mousr - Aspire v15 nitro vn7-592g

bmacartain01
bmacartain01 Member Posts: 3 New User
Hi. I bought my aspire v15 nitro vn7-592g last week. The first one was faulty and i was given replacement at store. For a few days it was great, but now the touchpad is out if control. It will be compliant for a good while, then without warning it will start moving across the screen by itself and right clicking on things. Then menus are opening by themselves and I can't regain control. Other times the cursor will move in the wrong direction and freeze for a second before jerking across and doing random movements. I basically lose control of the computer. I checked to see if there are driver updates, but it is up to date. When I restart the computer it may work fine for a few hours or a few minutes and the problem will kick in. Once it does, there is no stopping it. My touchpad is very clean. The computer is new and I haven't installed any extra software since buying it. I urgently need help. Thanks for your advice.

Answers

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

There are chances that the issue is with your touchpad drivers. You are advised to download and install the latest touchpad drivers by using the link below:
    http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Alternatively, you can also reinstall the touchpad drivers by following the steps below:
    1. Press "Windows key" + "R" keys. This will open "Run" window.
    2. In the Run window, type devmgmt.msc and hit "Enter" key. This will open "Device Manager" window.
    3. In the Device Manager window, expand "Mice and other pointing devices" and double-click on your touchpad.
    4. In the mouse properties window that comes up, click "Driver" tab.
    5. Click "Uninstall" and "OK" to uninstall touchpad drivers.
    6. Restart your computer and Windows should install the touchpad drivers automatically. Alternatively, you can install them manually by referring to the link above.

If the issue still persists, you are advised to take your computer to nearest Acer service center for further assistance. To do this, the following link can be helpful:
    http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service

Hope this will help you.