Trying To Make a decision to buy the VX5-591G-75RM ASPIRE VX 15 but need help with all bad info?!?!

Options
Marlboroman420
Marlboroman420 Member Posts: 10 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi i was thinking of getting the VX5-591G-75RM ASPIRE VX 15 as seen here https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/NH.GM4AA.001 but i have a few concerns first off the website there says its a Dual-core like this has to be a misstake right?

My second question would be does it have a 1TB storage drive built in or what cause i also do not see that listed i heard it does but i hear a lot of miss information threw out the net.

Third it says TN and i was also told the VX5-591G-75RM would be IPS so wondering what is it?

lastly i was wondering how much it would cost to upgrade to 500GB m.2 if that is possible? 

Oh and is the OS WIndows 10 x64?

[edited to comply with guidelines]

Answers

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

1. Processor: Intel I7-7700HQ so quad cores. Acer support website gives the right information: Quad-core (4 Core™)
    2. Storage: SSD M.2 2280 SATA 3.0 of 256Gb. No HDD but you'll be able to install one. In this case, you'll need a specific HDD bracket and cable.
    3. Display mode: IPS (Matte)
    4. No ideas. FYI, this laptop supports PCIe 3.0 X4 NVMe (E.g. Intel SSD 600p series)
    5. Yes, Windows 10 Home edition 64-bit
    France
  • Marlboroman420
    Options

Oh they changed it to Quad-core (4 Core™) very nice thank you. And it says 64 bit now as well Smiley Happy

So sorry but i just need to confirm the laptop only comes with 256Gb storage on the intire laptop with a spare empty slot that requires some kind of bracket that does not come with the laptop?

• laurent_14
    Options

So sorry but i just need to confirm the laptop only comes with 256Gb storage on the intire laptop with a spare empty slot that requires some kind of bracket that does not come with the laptop?

Exactly I confirm: One SSD of 256Gb, no HDD, also no HDD bracket, cable and screws.

France
  • Marlboroman420
    Options

256GB is really a small amount of storage for a gaming laptop so i will have to add some kind of storage Where can I purchase the bracket? Does it have to be specific to Acer? Can you please direct me to where i can buy thanks.

• laurent_14
    Options

Is this model available in your country? Personally I only saw it in the Canadian websites (VX5-591G-75RM + HDD of 1Tb).

France
  • Marlboroman420
    Options

Afraid  not alivaible in the United States ok so it has 2 slots for storage just wondering what would be the easiest way to install more storage into the empty slot cause i can just use the 256gb ssd storage for my OS and then install something elese in the other slot is there anything i can just plug into the other slot besides the HDD to avoid looking for brackets and wires to give me more storage?

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

I think it is not possible without these parts. If you want to upgrade this model, I already gave informations in these topics (4&5). Personally I'll wait a few days or weeks because other configurations will be online. It's the first model in your country so be patient.

France
  • Marlboroman420
    Options

Well I already ordered it last night before you posted that so now I just need to figure out what needs to be done to add the second drive I see you say to order 50.GM1N2.005CABLE.HDD33.GM1N2.002BRACKET.HDD (HDD of 9.5mm) but that's for the VX5-591G-54kn model I presume they are the same since you are referencing me to that link.

I do not understand why I would need extra parts for it I mean is this laptop not meant to run 2 drives is that why I need to order extra parts I am used to just buying a hard drive and installing it on desktops I know laptops are much different but this is becoming much more difficult then it needs to be.

I am really just confused about the whole reason I need extra parts from a 3rd party if the laptop was designed for a 2nd hard drive and why I am having to pay more money to install something the laptop should have provided parts smh maybe you can clear this up thank you.

Not to mention I need the parts to come from my country the USA so I can not even order from there!

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

First I'm not an Acer employee but only an user/customer like you.

Here is the full HDD module:

LT-AVX5-591G-FHM

As it is a new model, I think the parts are not yet available from US resellers.

France
  • Marlboroman420
    Options

omg i thought you were a acer employee so sorry thank you for helping me wow i can not believe no employee has even interjected heck they should hire you! With there information you would be a very valuable assest to this forum give deatailed information again i am sorry i should have paid more attention to who i was talking with.

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

No problems.Smiley Happy We can confuse ACE and ACER  because these two "words" are very close. FYI, ACE means Acer Community Expert member and we are volunteers (users) from around the world. Oh Acer France hasn't contacted me yet! Smiley Very Happy Have a nice week end, Laurent.

France